jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do flowers will grow in an indoor window box?

1. GA Anderson profile image82
    GA Andersonposted 6 years ago

What do flowers will grow in an indoor window box?

2. landocheese profile image91
    landocheeseposted 6 years ago

I assume you mean the window box is inside and will stay at a normal inside house temp.

A great option for a window that is not too sunny is impatien, begonia, coleus, or geranium. Geranium will handle plenty of sun while the others may not like intense afternoon sun. All of these will provide plenty of color and grow beautifully indoors.

3. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

It depends on the sun intensity and light exposure. If the window faces South in hot direct sun: succulents, Kalanchoe, and cactus are best. Look for flowering varietals. In moderate climate areas: African Violets, anthuriums, and orchids would be good.  East or Northen exposure would be for lower light cyclamen, gloxinia, begonias, and bromelliads. Air flow is important as is humidity when needed. A saucer of gravel w/ water under a plant provides addt'l humidity as long as the soil is not sitting in standing water.

4. christianajohan profile image57
    christianajohanposted 6 years ago

There are flowers indeed that may grow inside your house. If you have time to read this recommendation of mine, that would be very helpful to you.

This is really helpful. I have found a good information for my small indoor garden at home.

For your help: http://paradisegardening.blogspot.com/2 … arden.html