jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What do you use to clean fingerprints off your touchscreen computer/tablet etc.

1. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

What do you use to clean fingerprints off your touchscreen computer/tablet etc.

I have a touchscreen PC - mostly I use the mouse because the fingerprints can become hard to remove with just the little cloth.  Can you use some kind of specialty screen cleaner? or what's the best way to manage prints without damaging screens.  I noticed the screens in the computer labs at school are always filthy too and I would like to clean them off without risking damage.

2. Rejected Reality profile image59
    Rejected Realityposted 6 years ago

I use both canned Air Duster (compressed air) and non-streaking Screen Cleaner from Office Depot. It is oil and wax free and comes in a 4 Oz, spray bottle. The directions say to spray it on soft, lint-free cloth, wipe the screen and polish until dry.

3. Romian1 profile image74
    Romian1posted 6 years ago

In general, there is nothing special when cleaning touchscreen monitors.  Gently wipe the screen with a lightly moisten cotton or linen cloth.  For stubborn fingerprints, stains, or streaks, just reapply with a little more water on the cloth.

For non-touchscreen monitors, you do the same but you can add a trace amount of glass cleaner or liquid dish washing soap.

4. profile image54
    BrodieJCleaningposted 6 years ago

Of course you know to power off your tablet PC.  After that, you just lightly dampen part of a microfiber cloth to gently wipe the screen, being careful not to make the cloth too wet as you can streak the screen.  Take care not to press too hard as you can damage the screen.  Use the dry part of the cloth to remove any excess water.

5. VirginiaLynne profile image97
    VirginiaLynneposted 6 years ago

We've been using a dry microfiber cloth made especially for glass.  I have kids with very sticky fingers and it works great.  Wash it periodically.  You can put a little water on it if you need to do that.  I've also gotten sprays especially for electronics, but don't spray directly on the screen.  Spray on the cloth first and then wipe.  I think the one I got was Pledge brand.

6. LensMan999 profile image53
    LensMan999posted 5 years ago

A small cotton piece is the best option to clean fingerprints on the touch screen of computers/tablets. It cleans easily without causing any scratches.

7. Laura Schneider profile image92
    Laura Schneiderposted 4 years ago

I just use a dry eyeglass cleaner cloth on all of my screens. For stubborn spots that remain, I dampen a corner of the cloth and rub a little then use the dry part again and that seems to work. I suppose I would get better results if I used a liquid specially designed to be safe for each type of screen...

working