If your office had a lounge, would you be there on Saturday?

1. Marturion profile image60
    Marturionposted 6 years ago

If your office had a lounge, would you be there on Saturday?

If your place of employment built an awesome lounge, with flat screen, mini bar, leather couches, and kitchenette for snacks...  Would you want to go hang out there on the weekend?  Or would the idea of being around everything you had to do on Monday ruin any chance to relax and enjoy it?  I ask this as a stay-at-home dad, who is constantly being asked why I don't want to just stay home and relax.  Is it just me, or is it universal that the sight of  future work makes it impossible to enjoy yourself?

2. Teresa Coppens profile image93
    Teresa Coppensposted 6 years ago

I have to agree.  I think we all need to distance ourselves from our work space in order to relax. I enjoy the time I spend with my family as well so no matter how well stocked the lounge was I would be going home or out elsewhere with friends and family.

3. teaches12345 profile image96
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

As much as I love my job, I would not want to spend every day at the office. Just like I feel the need to get out of the house once in awhile, I need diversion. Also, I enjoy the peace, privacy and solitude of home. What makes it more like a haven is the people within and the fact that our yard offers a place to relax and enjoy nature.  Although, I can see where men might find getting out of the home to a place like you described a great place to spend a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.