What is your favorite thing to do on a Friday after you've finished working?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (23 posts)
  1. msLarayne profile image63
    msLarayneposted 11 years ago

What is your favorite thing to do on a Friday after you've finished working?

2. ComfortB profile image85
    ComfortBposted 11 years ago

Rest/Sleep. But it's short-lived, because I get right up and head to church for Friday Prayer Meeting. And, Saturday is really not that much of a restful day either as there are countless of chores and errands awaiting. phew!

3. alancaster149 profile image75
    alancaster149posted 11 years ago

I packed up working for others four years ago last August. Twelve years working for aggressive (sometimes insufferable) managers at Royal Mail got me thinking of writing for a living. It's been a struggle financially, and at least I've got my pensions (state + private) to fall back on. On a nightly basis I usually see to my e-mails and comments on Hubs (mine and my comments on others' Hubs). My Friday night these days finishes around 1 am (GMT) Saturday, writing at least five pages and possibly up to ten. I'm halfway through writing my fourth book, "BETRAYED" in the "RAVENFEAST" series about the Dane Ivar, kinsman to King Harold. Now on Chapter 11, I will have the editing to do after the first MS is complete. Altogether I've got another five (planned) books to write in this series, maybe it'll turn into six. Who knows, demand might bring on an extra rash of activity?

1. profile image0
      radiantwritingposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Awesome and encouraging - hang in there! This is inspiring!

4. kcreery profile image60
    kcreeryposted 11 years ago

Have a beer and relax with my feet up.  It's the best way to relax after a long work week.

5. eHealer profile image65
    eHealerposted 11 years ago

I work for myself now and never seem to be finished! Lol, of course I do have weekends off (most of the time) and I am my own boss, and I wouldn't change it for the world. I am so happy when I decide I have earned an entire day off from work and usually share a cocktail with my husband, see a movie, or spend an evening with our good friends. I am a full time freelance writer and I really like to "veg" when I relax. It's nice not to have to do too much thinking on my down time!

1. profile image0
      radiantwritingposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Encouraging!

2. msLarayne profile image63
      msLarayneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I feel the same exact way.  When you are your boss work is constant so that down time is needed and thoroughly enjoyed!

3. BlossomSB profile image81
      BlossomSBposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I just like to veg out in front of the TV if there's anything that interests me, but first I make some popcorn in the microwave oven. Yumm! Bring on Fridays!

6. profile image0
    An AYMposted 11 years ago

I pour myself a hearty drink and sit down at my piano and play for a while.

7. collegedad profile image67
    collegedadposted 11 years ago

I grab a fishing pole and camera, park at the end of a dead end road, and walk straight into the woods. I keep going until I find something interesting. There's nothing better than getting lost in the woods for a couple of days!

8. freecampingaussie profile image61
    freecampingaussieposted 11 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7361452_f260.jpg

I finished up with work & am getting ready for an overseas trip but as soon as my husband gets home & changed we head to the pool with a cold drink for an hour or so before tea as it is so hot here !

9. alfredfox profile image71
    alfredfoxposted 11 years ago

I like to relax with my girlfriend and tell her about my day and listen as she tells me about her day. We laugh and eat and talk bull-s**t for a while and then choose a movie to watch together, usually a horror or comedy. You never told us what you like to do? I find that the simple and free things in life are the best ones, as Janet Jackson once sang "The best things in life are free".

10. mintinfo profile image64
    mintinfoposted 11 years ago

I sit back relax and think about the highlights of the past week. I may compile some of my thoughts into a Hub or two because I haven't been concentrating on creating any lately. A close childhood friend recently died so I'll take some time to reminisce on that. RIP Prince

11. JustSimple info profile image73
    JustSimple infoposted 11 years ago

Spend time with my two daughters they keep me going..... with all the craziness in the world, nothing like having your kids smile and call you daddy and spending quality time with them.

12. X-Con profile image67
    X-Conposted 11 years ago

I like to spend some time praying and reading the Bible. I observe Friday evening as the beginning of the Bible Sabbath, since I'm a Seventh-day Adventist Christian. It's also a good time for me to do some form of ministry. I like making Christian YouTube vidoes or writing Christian blogs. It's also a good time for me to watch a good video sermon. I usually go to the Amazing Facts web site for that. I like Pastor Doug Batchelor's preaching, there.

Besides that, I enjoy speaking to and spending time with my friends and family. I actually live pretty far from my family. I live in Poland, Europe (because I got deported from the USA, as I write about in one of my hubs); and I talk to my dad often through Skype.

13. shofarcall profile image61
    shofarcallposted 11 years ago

Prepare a light meal for the evening, set the table with candles to light, as from Fri evening till Saturday evening, I set this time aside for quality time with God to read Biblical texts, listen to worship music, pray,listen and that for me is very  relaxing.

14. profile image58
    susha1983posted 11 years ago

sleep.....just sleeping........
    :-)
    But i dont have enough time for that..............

15. Jlbowden profile image86
    Jlbowdenposted 11 years ago

Stop into a Pizza Joint with a friend or two and grab a couple of slices and a nice cold bass ale to wash them down with. Afterwards catch a movie at the theater if there is anything worth playing.

16. Wesley Meacham profile image59
    Wesley Meachamposted 11 years ago

My schedule isn't a normal one. I teach English in China, mostly to adults. So I usually work afternoons and evenings, including Saturday. There really is no "weekend" for me. So my Friday isn't a traditional Friday...

Most evenings I come home after classes and cook dinner. On some occasions I go out to eat. On my days of I tend to either dwell in coffee shops or roam about the city.

I also go to coffee shops almost every morning. I tend to sit there writing. Currently I'm working on a book.

17. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 11 years ago

When my youngest daughter still lived at home, we both worked in the same bookstore. We would come home from wrok, my husband would have a fire in the fireplace and she and I had several shows we enjoyed watching.  She used to date on Saturday nights but usually saved Friday nights for our TV shows and each other's company.

I don't work now, but Friday nights my husband and I usually watch a movie together or some programs we have saved on the DVR.

18. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 11 years ago

Do hub hopping more than 3 hours and spend more time with my kids. Everyday, i could only spend an hour on hub hopping because of household chores and kids schooling. Saturday is my favorite day and Sunday.. had to sleep early. Back to blue Monday again.

19. cjpooja26 profile image62
    cjpooja26posted 11 years ago

Call all my friends and hangout with them and enjoy to the fullest. And after that I would like to come home and take little rest and my favorite thing as I do everyday after coming home is to read hubs and take part in forums.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)