jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Suggest cleaning products that will not effect the environment

1. AEvans profile image78
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

Suggest cleaning products that will not effect the environment

2. brittanytodd profile image94
    brittanytoddposted 6 years ago

I have a great hub on this.  I use things you can find in your kitchen to clean the house.  Vinegar and baking soda are the best from my experience.

3. Angela Blair profile image79
    Angela Blairposted 6 years ago

I still rely on my Granny's old recipes  which always included vinegar and water for glass and use a page of newspaper for a paper towel -- the newsprint comes into play there somewhere (I don't know how) and makes a really great shine. This also works on chrome. She also relied on lemon juice (take spots out of white clothes by applying full strength and allowing to sun dry), rubbing a lemon on anything that produced a foul odor (and it would disappear) and as a rinse for pale colored hair. Baking soda was a never ending standby for everything from indigestion to toothpaste (baking soda and salt). As we lived in an old house and would occasionally have mice she'd put Coke out in jar lids and they'd disappear. She also boiled anything she needed to disinfect, ie. clothes, sheets after someone had been ill, etc. I can't recall ever seeing chemicals in her house other than plain old bleach and kerosene (which she believed would prevent infection of any kind -- and apparently did). For brass or copper cleaning she used ketchup to clean it and the acidity did a great job.

4. Mary Stuart profile image80
    Mary Stuartposted 6 years ago

Baking soda is a great tub and tile cleaner. It is non abrasive and is not harmful to the environment.

5. Zooloot.com profile image61
    Zooloot.composted 6 years ago

I have a website full of ideas. I started a new environmentally friendly company this year called icare3000 same name website. I have designed many ways to help the environment to show others they can also.

We ALL need to take action to make change happen. I for one have started in a big way and I'm finding it VERY profitable also smile)

Great post that's well needed.

6. mattforte profile image91
    mattforteposted 6 years ago

I won't use this to promote myself, as it is in bad taste - but I'm an Amway business man on the side. They make a line of products called Legacy of Clean.
    I'm a skeptic by nature, so before I really started promoting the products (And don't get me wrong, we have a small selection of products I won't sell because I don't believe in them) I tried them out. My brain can't handle how well they work.

My dishes come out cleaner and sparkly as ever, my clothes washed in *all* cold water come out cleaner and whiter than they ever have before. And contrary to popular belief - they are on par with store-bought products. (They seem expensive, until you realize they are concentrated so you use less per use)
    My family has been slowly converting as well after they try it they get hooked - so it's not just me hoping my products are good.

You can probably find a rep in your area if you ask around - you can order from them directly or from their personal website.

These products are probably the most environmentally friendly products on the market - they started in the 50's as the first "Green" cleaning products made.

7. Slightly Bonkers profile image56
    Slightly Bonkersposted 6 years ago

I can only repeat what has been already written: baking soda, lemon juice, vinegar and newspaper. Newspaper is especially handy when cleaning windows, believe it or not it leaves no streaks!
    Also another tip if you ever spill red wine on a white tablecloth: rub salt into it, let it dry, then soak the cloth in soapy water overnight. When you wash it then finally in the machine, put it in still wet straight out of the soapy water - stain gone smile

working