jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Tumbleweed tiny houses are really cute but are they practical, even for a single

1. Hayley Richardson profile image81
    Hayley Richardsonposted 6 years ago

Tumbleweed tiny houses are really cute but are they practical, even for a single person?

2. peanutroaster profile image72
    peanutroasterposted 6 years ago

Why not? Dorm rooms are small and any of us who went to college (us snobs) survived.  Today's electronics are smaller and smaller so you can fit a lot of entertainment in a small space.  The Japanese live in small spaces and do they entertaining and socializing outside of the home.

3. okaygrace profile image60
    okaygraceposted 6 years ago

I honestly would love one of these, but I don't think my fiance would. lol

I almost prefer to live in a small space so that I can use my money on other things in life.

4. Becky Katz profile image84
    Becky Katzposted 6 years ago

A single person who does not have a bunch of stuff would probably like one very well. I know people who have live in little RV's and loved it for their mobility. The Tumbleweed homes are very well arranged and have lofts in most of them so they actually have more room in them than an RV. Very practical and inexpensive to live in one.

5. MichelleRobert profile image77
    MichelleRobertposted 6 years ago

While I think the Tumbleweed houses are expensive, it is entirely possible to live in a small space happily. I live with my late fiance on a cruise ship in a 10x20 cabin for 6 months following Hurricane Katrina. Then we lived another 6 months in a 10x24 FEMA trailer. We found that we were quite content in our cozy quarters and saved so much money by living this way. This gave us greater freedom to do as we pleased.
       After his death, I went on to buy a tiny (8x24) house and lived there happily on my own. Nowadays I live in a tiny house with my new fiance. Our small house allows us to live on a budget of a lot less than $1000 a month. We are both self employed and work when we please and love our tiny lifestyle. The freedom in our lives that it gives us is wonderful. We aren't tied down to a mortgage or scrambling to pay huge living expenses.
       I wrote about my experiences on my own hubpages if you are interested in reading more about it.

working