jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

can you compare the quality of the older home to the newer home in terms of long

1. davenmidtown profile image87
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

can you compare the quality of the older home to the newer home in terms of longevity?

2. davenmidtown profile image87
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

Great answer, and I can not wait to read that hub. I was inspired to ask you this question when I looked at some of the craftsman homes in our historical district but had to walk by several track home communities where it looked as though the homes were falling apart in unison.  Economical and sustainability are both concepts that buyers are looking at now, and certainly how technology may improve living conditions and cost of living within a home... but how do these elements become incorporated into both environmental issues and consumerism? Sadly, on hubpages we can only answer a question once... so just food for thought or maybe others will join in.

3. leanneswackyworld profile image60
    leanneswackyworldposted 6 years ago

Well personal opinion from owing older to newer. Older homes last longer, but are more pricey when it comes to repairs. Newer homes dont last long and have a lot more repairs but are cheaper. But from having rental properties both old and new the older ones give me less trouble and are seeming to be lasting longer.

4. BlossomSB profile image93
    BlossomSBposted 6 years ago

Because of our work I have moved lots of times and I have found that, generally, older homes seem to last better. Of course, they need maintenance, but so do new ones and often the workmanship is not so good in the newer ones and problems keep coming up. Older homes usually have well-established gardens, often have better sized rooms, higher ceilings and are more comfortable to live in. Newer ones may look good, but often have windows going down to the floor and there's not so much wall-space to put loved furniture. The site also has something to do with it: newer ones are sometimes built on more unstable ground and movement causes cracks in walls and problems with opening and closing doors.

working