What is the difference between clean and tidy?

1. WryLilt profile image91
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

What is the difference between clean and tidy?

What would you consider to be the definition of both words? Are they different or the same to you?

2. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

The difference between clean and tidy? Looking at the ads popping up - Clorox. LOL I'm going to use the definitions of showers. Specifically two types, although there are many.

1) Clean - the 15 - 30 minute shower where one actually scrubs every inch of skin. You know the ones if you have a chair in the shower you sit down and scrub the underneath of your feet.

2) Tidy - the OH S***, I forgot to set the alarm for work. Lions, tigers, and bears, oh my comes to mind. So, you do the dunk and run. You turn on the shower, not taking time for the right temperature, do the pertinent parts, and get out.

Or another analogy is this is tidy and hub would have been clean smile

3. sandrabusby profile image85
    sandrabusbyposted 6 years ago

My space is always tidy -- meaning everything is in the place I like it to be.  (The exception to this is just after my grandsons have been here for a visit.  Then it takes me a few minutes to tidy up.)  Clean is another thing altogether.  It's clean enough for me, (though there might be a few unwashed dishes in the sink,  but I can imagine that some people would think the spots on my carpet and the watermarks on the ceiling when the roof leaked once need "cleaning up."

I guess both are subjective.

working