jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you go about spring cleaning at your homes?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

How do you go about spring cleaning at your homes?

Spring is here once more and it is time for cleaning our homes. Can you suggest on how to go about spring cleaning in fun ways so that it can be time efficient while you enjoy doing it. I am sure everybody want to enjoy it while cleaning and having fun.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image96
    DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago

I don't do "spring cleaning."  I do "fall cleaning," in preparation for putting up the Yule decorations.  ;-)
    Basically, though, the best way to tackle a major cleaning job is to do just one room at a time, and start by first putting away anything that needs putting away, then start at the top and work your way down. That is, first, do all the cleaning that requires a step-stool or ladder to reach.   If you have drapes and curtains that need to be laundered or sent to the cleaner, do that at this point.
    Then, do then the dusting, and  vacuuming; finally, tackle the windows.

3. womenintouch profile image60
    womenintouchposted 6 years ago

When you Spring clean don't box stuff saying you will lose weight and wear that later, get rid of it. I am in the process of spring cleaning i took everything out of the 5 closets i have and I am trying on stuff and that which i can't wear i will donate or have a garage sale, everything goes for $5 bucks or under. I do not want to take back in, that which I do not sale goes to Salvation Army. I do not care if it cost a lot of money it will bless someone and I will be blessedd because i was not greedy.
    Second is organize the closets by color, and roll up sweaters and place in shoe type boxes it makes room in the closets. I always put my boots for the winter in a storage container and take out my spring and summer shoe wear. I have lots of work to do, let me know how it works out for you

4. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

Start in one room and work your way around!  That is the easiest way!

working