jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

What is the best way to dispose of used mop water?

1. profile image0
    rmcleveposted 5 years ago

What is the best way to dispose of used mop water?

2. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

That's is a good queston. I used to just dump it down the toilet, but maybe there's a better way.  Now, I used the swiffer wetjet so there's no need for dumping any water.

1. profile image0
      rmcleveposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Swiffer products can be a lifesaver! With the amount of mess these dogs cause us, I tend to stick to the old school approach.

Thanks for stopping by!

3. boundarybathrooms profile image92
    boundarybathroomsposted 5 years ago

Either dumping it down the toilet or pouring it into a drain outside works for me.

1. profile image0

I wonder if there are negative environmental effects of either approach. I tend to dump it outside or down the sink, but I'm not sure if that's the right thing to do.

Thanks for sharing!

2. boundarybathrooms profile image92
      boundarybathroomsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I suppose it depends on where you dump it outside. I can't see it doing much damage going down the drain.

4. PageC profile image60
    PageCposted 5 years ago

I always thought dumping down the toilet was the way to go.

1. profile image0

I hadn't heard that! I used the sink last time, but who knows if that's the right thing to do. Thanks! smile

5. ienjoythis profile image81
    ienjoythisposted 5 years ago

My grandma always used to dump it in our bath tub, then clean the bath tub itself haha Creating more work - probably. But anytime she was using a mop and bucket meant she WAS cleaning the whole house. Down the toilet, in my house. smile

6. profile image48
    AmbyShinesposted 4 years ago

I usually dump it in the toilet, Its usually dirty with lots of dust etc, I prefer not to do it in the sink, or bathroom because it will damage the drainage and the cleanliness of the sink and the bath tub.

working