jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (18 posts)

Why won't men put back down the toilet seat, knowing a woman is in the house?

1. jagandelight profile image80
    jagandelightposted 7 years ago

Why won't men put back down the toilet seat, knowing a woman is in the house?

2. Christopher Price profile image80
    Christopher Priceposted 7 years ago

1) Egocentric obliviousness
    2) Too much nature, too little nurture
    3) Easier than filling the dog's water bowl
    4) 'Cause you couldn't afford a urinal
    5) Just to hear ya' bitch

Take your pick. I was brought up with 3 sisters and never fail to lower the seat before leaving the room.
    Though there are numerous reasons, there's no excuse!

3. MickS profile image74
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Works both ways, anyway, my missus insists on the seat being left up, she says she is perfectly capable of lowering the seat when she wants to use the lavatory, it's not hard, is it.

4. Karonher profile image76
    Karonherposted 7 years ago

To be awkward. For the same reason they don't wipe the rim when they miss.

5. Mark Upshaw profile image59
    Mark Upshawposted 7 years ago

The seat and lid should both remain down until used.  It is disgusting leaving the lid open.

6. Scott_Grigg profile image44
    Scott_Griggposted 7 years ago

Or, take it around 180 degrees. Why don't women put the seat up when they're done?

7. Loveslove profile image60
    Lovesloveposted 7 years ago

If there is a lid then both seat and lid should be put down after use...I hate to see them up ,it looks untidy somehow..the seat left up is a pet hate of mine and if I find it up in our house I drop it down with a loud bang so that hubby hears it....of course it does no good he just says ''you do realise one day that seat will break then it will solve both our problems cause I aint paying for a new one !!!!

8. medicfrogs profile image77
    medicfrogsposted 7 years ago

Why are women so needy? What happened to female empowerment... why does a woman need a man to put down her toilet seat for her?

9. Rosie2010 profile image75
    Rosie2010posted 7 years ago

Because men don't really think about little things like the toilet seat when there are more important issues to think about like what is for dinner. Men!

10. reeree10488 profile image61
    reeree10488posted 7 years ago

They always do it especially my boyfriend who have to tell many times to put the toilet seat down when he's finish. But They always forget to do that.

11. nlclark profile image61
    nlclarkposted 7 years ago

Why don't women put it back up, knowing there's a man in the house?

12. cceerpp profile image56
    cceerppposted 7 years ago

Sometimes we're so occupied that we forget. It's a natural human thing. Thanks you.

13. profile image0
    Muldanianposted 7 years ago

I always put the loo seat down, but as an obsessive compulsive homosexual, I am particular about that kind of thing.  Strangely though, I have a female friend, who after she has used the bathroom, I discover the seat up, every time.  I have not been able to figure this one out.

14. Myra Tylor profile image58
    Myra Tylorposted 7 years ago

As a matter of fact, i have never care about this questions!

15. racheldthompson profile image57
    racheldthompsonposted 7 years ago

My husband and I always make sure both the seat and the lid are down. Whenever we have visitors, they aren't so particular, but leaving the lid up makes the room look untidy.

16. MelaniePhillibert profile image58
    MelaniePhillibertposted 7 years ago

Brother! hilarious question...it took me 10 years to "train" my husband to do this smile Men, rather human beings are creatures of habit...so let's teach our sons!!!

17. cheapsk8chick profile image57
    cheapsk8chickposted 7 years ago

Perhaps because it's funny when we fall in!

18. profile image49
    CelestialNavposted 7 years ago

It's simple actually...They forget to put the toilet seat back down.

working