jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How do you keep your home organized?

1. houseofjcjee profile image75
    houseofjcjeeposted 5 years ago

How do you keep your home organized?

With three grade schoolers, my house is always a mess when they arrive from school. Books and toys are scattered all over the living room and bedrooms! I do not have the budget to pay for a house cleaner nor the time to follow their clutter everywhere they go. Though I always remind them to clean up after they play or do their homework, they need to be reminded every minute! Any help out there?

2. profile image0
    Jade0215posted 5 years ago

Set some rules, if they don't clean up their mess they don't get dessert, tv, etc... whatever they enjoy the most take that privilege away from them if they don't do what they're asked. I don't think it's about them not remembering, they just don't want to do it.

1. houseofjcjee profile image75
      houseofjcjeeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have done that several times. IT was only good for the first few days, then back to normal routine. sad

3. Lyn Diano profile image39
    Lyn Dianoposted 5 years ago

Educating your family members about the benefits of having organized home as well as the dangers of keeping the entire house unclean can be a little daunting but the knowledge you have instill to them will be with them forever. You may be repeating over and over again about some reminders, but be patient enough to teach them. Soon, they'll learn. Sometimes, videos that depicts about the hassles of having a messy house can also help. Watch these videos with them and keep on teaching them the beauty of organized home. I myself have gathered videos on animal planet talking about worms inside the human body. It's icky but the videos did made good changes. I don't have kids but I am taking care of people (who act like kids ^__^) They began to think that if they let their things cluttered and dirty, they can catch sickness. It may be a slow or tedious task of a mother or a guardian but it can be a lifetime lesson. :-)

working