jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you get motivated to remove clutter and get your home organized??

1. elisabethkcmo profile image75
    elisabethkcmoposted 8 years ago

How do you get  motivated to remove clutter and get your home organized??

2. deerinheadlights profile image60
    deerinheadlightsposted 8 years ago

I like to think of that movie "What About Bob?"  Baby steps, my friend, baby steps.  Pick a small area, and start there.  You will love your results and hopefully that will be your motivation to continue.  Good luck, I hope your motivation finds you!

3. profile image0
    sbeakrposted 8 years ago

You get sick of living like a pig and just start somewhere.  Then you keep going, being super harsh and objective with yourself, until it's all done.  You don't take breaks, you forget to eat, and when you're finished you smile and relax and rest your aching back in what is now a real, comfortable, welcoming home.

4. tabin profile image53
    tabinposted 8 years ago

Decide!! Don't plan. Have a deadline. Invite someone  over for a check or scrutiny of your job done. We go unchecked simply because we have no fear of being caught or  questioned.Once that is in the pipeline, sense of organization will creep in. Mother of invention-that is -Necessity!!

5. A2shley profile image56
    A2shleyposted 8 years ago

Set small goals of things you can accomplish and build in accountability.  When I moved into my new place I was overwhelmed with unpacking.  I agreed to host a party a month after I moved in to motivate myself to get my stuff organized.  The hardest thing is getting started, so try to think of one thing that you think you could accomplish in a relatively short amount of time (and that is relatively painless) and hopefully your motivation will kick in!  Also, don't be afraid to throw things away!!!  Good luck!

6. poketo secret profile image42
    poketo secretposted 8 years ago

Turn the music on it helps me to get motivated

Closed to reply

working