jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Is there a room or place in your house you dread going in?

1. flashmakeit profile image68
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

Is there a room or place in your house you dread going in?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I have a combination laundry and craft room and for about 2 weeks I have let things accumulate in there, stacks of stuff etc. So it is really overwhelming right now but I have to tackle it.

And the garage - it looks like a thrift store blew up.  Horrible mess in there.

1. DreamerMeg profile image90
      DreamerMegposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Use the power of "Just one thing", each time you pass by or "15 minutes and I'm done" once or twice a day. It is easy to start when you know you only have to do one thing or do just 15 minutes in there and it is surprising how quickly it works too.

2. duffsmom profile image60
      duffsmomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great idea. I have used that method before and simply forgot about doing something like that. I will start that today--thanks for the reminder!

3. DreamerMeg profile image90
    DreamerMegposted 5 years ago

During the winter, I used to dread going into the big living room in our house, it was so cold. But we are getting a wood burning stove in there in a couple of weeks and now we will be able to use that room all year round. smile

1. BlossomSB profile image92
      BlossomSBposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Freezing rooms can be the pits. Hope the wood burning stove lives up to your dreams and that it will soon be a cozy room all the year around.

4. profile image0
    Kommadantposted 5 years ago

I dread going into the kitchen, but that is only when I know that I have to do the dishes.  I hate doing the dishes.

5. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

I'm not fond of clutter, and I prefer to keep things neat and clean, so I avoid the areas that are the hangouts of my husband: his den/office and the garage where he does editing. They should be comfortable for him.

6. melbelle profile image61
    melbelleposted 5 years ago

yes, I have a large closet that is packed to the gills that I keep the door closed on because I don't even like looking inside it.  Guess it is time for a yard sale.

1. DreamerMeg profile image90
      DreamerMegposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yard sales don't generally make an awful lot. Better give the stuff away, one bit at a time. Once bought, that money is a "sunk cost",  you are unlikely to get it back. So forget the cost to put it in the closet, think about space you can reclaim.

working