jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the best brand of house paint?

1. nmdonders profile image84
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

What is the best brand of house paint?

The best quality as well as reasonably priced for indoor house painting?

2. dbworx profile image59
    dbworxposted 5 years ago

Lots of choices out there...
    In my experience with painting interior and exteriors of properties, I have found a good latex paint is the best for longevity and application on wood, stucco and concrete. Oil base paints have alot of restrictions, and harder to clean up, which isn't so bad but, I prefer a water base latex.
    The brand I have been using for over 20 years is Behr. This company makes a wide variety of paints, stains and stabilizers, for multiple surfaces.
    Keep in mind when using a latex paint is, that your preparation is the key to a long lasting finish. I painted my own home with Behr in 1994 and the trim is just starting to show signs (as of 2012) that the trim is in need of attention. I scraped, filled, sanded and in some areas re-filled - sanded, then primed the whole house before the three color scheme I went with.
    There are other good paints out there... But I prefer Behr.
    I hope this helps, [hint] have a 'Prime the House Party', good luck, Don

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

This is Good Housekeeping's pick: Ace Royal paint is a good all around inexpensive buy. It scored well in all three categories (Ease of Use, Performance, and Appearance). Although it’s a breeze to apply and will add style to any room, it scratches easily so save it for one that does not get a lot of wear and tear from your kids — like a play area. Ace Royal can be tinted to any of the 1,400 colors in the Colors for Your Life palette or custom tinted to virtually any color. Hope this is of some help.

Read more: Interior Paint Reviews - Best Interior Paints - Good Housekeeping

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

it is a matter of choice. my company paints as part of what we do and one of my painters loves benjamin moore and the other painter loves masters mark.i know other people that like other brands, like i said , it's a matter of opinion.

5. robhampton profile image97
    robhamptonposted 5 years ago

Behr premium from Home Depot. No primer needed, long lasting