How much should I budget to paint the interior of a 2000 sq ft home?

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

How much should I budget to paint the interior of a 2000 sq ft home?

We have a three bedroom two bath house that is a little under 2000 sq ft.  If we hire a painter, how much should it roughly cost for the paint and labor?

2. Bozoplay profile image82
    Bozoplayposted 6 years ago

The paint isn't much in the scheme of things but painters cut corners since the job is labour intensive. Insist on only top quality paint and not the liquid chalk they like to use. I used to work for a paint manufacturer so I have knowledge of the trade. The answer is you must budget as much as you can afford to get the best return. To do a quality job requires one coat of primer/sealer and two topcoats and most everyone (including hired painters) will cut out one of the topcoats. The result is not pleasing.  Get three quotes and pick the one that makes you feel the best about your choice which includes the painter. Ask for references.

3. ShootersCenter profile image72
    ShootersCenterposted 6 years ago

Different areas would vary in cost also it depends on how many colors you want to use. I just renovated a small rental house with 3 different colors on the inside and the cost was about $2.50 per SF. You can probably go to Craigslist or Angie's list and get some pretty good pricing. For my own home I purchased paint for inside and out for $450 for a 2500SF then hired a out of work painter to do the entire job for $ 1650.

working