jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is your take on growing food, not lawns?

1. ThompsonPen profile image78
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

What is your take on growing food, not lawns?

There are some places which prohibit the ability to grow a vegetable garden instead of a front lawn. What is your take on this?

2. tmbridgeland profile image81
    tmbridgelandposted 5 years ago

I think the cities are being silly. A well designed and cared for garden looks better than a lawn in many cases. Some people get a little power and it goes to their heads. These people need to be pilloried and shamed. The internet has been a wonderful thing, allowing us to publicize the names and ranks of idiot bullies.

3. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

It is crazy that any place would not allow this. We grow a rather large garden, and if I had the time and energy to plant the whole yard I would. It's a much better use for the space than grass.

4. profile image0
    Bronwyn J Hansenposted 5 years ago

I am fortunate enough to live in a country town. Unfortunately, I rent and am restricted to what vegetables I can grow in pots. At them moment I am looking to move to a property owned by a family member who has already given the go ahead to install a vegetable garden if I wish. As a vegetarian, it would also save me money, as the prices of some fruit and veg are disgraceful at the moment.

working