jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

What color is your kitchen? Does it have a theme?

1. letscithappen profile image60
    letscithappenposted 5 years ago

What color is your kitchen? Does it have a theme?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Color?  Um, well it is a galley style kitchen and the cabinets are natural oak, the counter top is light, appliances white.  Boring but functional.  No, there is no theme, I avoid the kitchen as much as possible.

3. peeples profile image96
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Burnt orange and white. The people who owned the house before us did it and I have kept it because I like bright.

4. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

The theme is hot drinks in different tans and browns. Coffee, hot tea, etc. Pictures of gorgeous cups as well.

5. Goody5 profile image69
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

Our kitchen is painted yellow to brighten it up.

letscithappenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I love yellow its so cheery and sunshiny

6. multiculturalsoul profile image82
    multiculturalsoulposted 5 years ago

Originally antique white, the walls are somewhat the color of cooking oil now. The blue flowers on the wall border have wilted somewhat--as has the wall border. I have refinished the kitchen table, benches, and chairs several times over the years. Too often, as it turns out. I can still see the impressions from years of homework completed on that somewhat level table.

Our original theme of "home and hearth" is now "unknown-goo-ancient-drip-cracked-counter-kid-art-on-the-fridge-and-random-wall-hanging." It has a style all its own.

We like it. We made it this way. It is the heart of our home.

letscithappenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Multiculturalsoul you wrote such a beautiful answer. It sounds like you have a kitchen full of memories. Thank you so much for your response it was really touching.

working