jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Would you knowingly rent or reside in an apartment or home if you new a murder-s

1. Sharicey profile image61
    Shariceyposted 5 years ago

Would you knowingly rent or reside in an apartment or home if you new a murder-suicide took place?

Would you knowingly buy a house that murder and or suicide took place in? Would you rent an apartment knowing that the previous renter was murdered and or committed suicide in the apartment? I know this may seem like a strange question but a murder suicide took place in my apartment building a few months ago and I noticed that they already rented out the apartment. I wonder if the new renter knows? I wonder if the landlord has to disclose that type of information? I liked to hear what you all think.

2. peeples profile image96
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

I think for the right price I would buy a place that had something like that happen in it. As for the landlord requirements most states have a only tell if they ask rule. If no one asks no one is required to tell them.

Shariceyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

On that note I better start asking more questions when I look at apartments
      :-) Thanks for sharing

3. Beverly Stevens profile image75
    Beverly Stevensposted 5 years ago

The fact that someone died in a place before I bought or rented that place wouldn't bother me.  People die.  The only thing that would bother me is if the person was murdered by an invader.  I would be concerned about my safety.

Shariceyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing. I totally agree the circumstances of the death are much more important than the fact that a death occurred.

working