jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

In city that you live, is the average single family home price above or below 50

1. wjlambert profile image76
    wjlambertposted 4 years ago

In city that you live, is the average single family home price above or below 500,000?

Where I live it is currently above 500,000

2. davidlivermore profile image99
    davidlivermoreposted 4 years ago

Way, way, way below.  It's probably 200,000 - 300,000 range.  But this is a agriculture community, with general businesses and such.  So houses aren't too expensive.  I purchased my 2 bed/1 bath for less than 100,00 a few years back.

wjlambertposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I got my 2 bed, 1 bath a few years ago for 350,000 (as is). Built in the early 1940's, 890 sq-ft (83 sq-m)

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I am in Montana.  No growth, no jobs so our real estate market has really gone down.  You can get a house here under $100,000 because people who want or need to sell are desperate.

wjlambertposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have  friend who lives out in the middle of the nowhwere TX, where at the rock bottom of the market, 3 bedroom homes were selling for 25-40k.  My thought on this was that I could buy a house for the price of a car

2. duffsmom profile image60
      duffsmomposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I still believe that real estate is one of the best ways to invest so if a buyer can afford it, it would probably be a great way to go.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

It's been a while since I paid any attention to real estate prices in my town but last I looked, the average "going rate" for house prices seemed to fall between 175K and 200K

working