jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Do you live in a big city, small town, suburbs, country or wilderness?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago

Do you live in a big city, small town, suburbs, country or wilderness?

Where would you rather live?

2. CraftytotheCore profile image83
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

Bless you for asking!  I live in a small town.  Every day I wish some magical moving van would whisk us away.  Anywhere but here!  Seriously, I would love to find an old hotel that I can fix up.  I would create a doggy hotel out of it with a grooming parlor, exercise place, the works.  That's what I would love to do.  Probably will never happen so I'll just keep dreaming.  Out West, but perhaps down South if there were not tornadoes, fire ants, flying cockroaches.  I'm spoiled where I live except for hurricanes, feet of snow at times and icing events.

Rochelle Frankposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Some  dreams come true one step at a time. (That sounds like a fortune cookie comment.)

3. billybuc profile image89
    billybucposted 4 years ago

I live in Olympia, Washington, population 48,000. I lived in a small Vermont town for two years and a smaller Alaskan village for a year. I must prefer small towns, and in two years we are moving to the country and buying a farm. I need space! smile

Space -- the final frontier.

4. mactavers profile image92
    mactaversposted 4 years ago

We live in a small city, surrounded by State wilderness land.  Perfect

Sounds like you have it all.

5. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

I live in the rural area of a small town. We have a mix of everything. From the mansions on the hill to the cow pastures and several farms. We also have a very dependable rooster that lives down the road. Horses, cows, chickens, etc. are all around our area.

There is no place like home. smile

Sounds like a good mix.

6. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8421723_f260.jpg

We don't live anywhere now as we are traveling permanently9 With 4 wh drive-caravan in Australia ) and right now we are in Banff Canada !  We worked & saved to travel overseas ! One of our highlights has been a cruise to Alaska .Tomorrow we are heading to Prince Rupert for a few days .

Sounds great. A nomad!

7. brblog profile image86
    brblogposted 4 years ago

I live in a close-in suburb of Chicago, it looks and acts like a small town but is in the heart of everything and with easy train access as well. I grew-up in a small town in Wisconsin, have lived in Milwaukee (in the city) and Chicago (in the city) - in both cases, in city neighborhoods for the most part. Wherever I live, I like being in a walkable place (sidewalks, parks, shops nearby). No "cul-de-sac/have to drive everywhere" living for me.

Seems like you have found your perfect balance.

working