jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Does anyone know how to keep centipedes out of our home?

1. misslong123 profile image84
    misslong123posted 4 years ago

Does anyone know how to keep centipedes out of our home?

2. Marina7 profile image80
    Marina7posted 4 years ago

It could be that moisture on the outside of the house is attracting them and we had a problem with those little flies breeding right out of the house on the ground and they breed in moss. So I went and got cardboard boxes and put them all around the house to keep it drier because cardboard covers the moss and it keeps it drier because the paper absorbs moisture. I am not saying do the same thing but I am saying that moisture might be the problem. If you spray around your house it also might help or put mothballs there. My neighbor said mothballs help keep even snakes away. Also, try to put lime out and that also might help since lime would burn these centipedes up I guess. Maybe it has to do with the moisture outside of your house and to keep it dry all around the perimeter of the house might help and if you have another way instead of the cardboard then that might help.

1. john000 profile image97
      john000posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I would use boric acid powder - it's found at most home improvement stores. Keep a border of it around the outside of your house. As for any inside, there are a number of insecticides that will get those, otherwise, stomp.

2. misslong123 profile image84
      misslong123posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the great advice, but I guess my man said they are millipedes. They are so gross, because when I step on them or anything, it's like they grow into two beings. It's the nastiest thing ever. They are near impossible to kill.

3. misslong123 profile image84
    misslong123posted 4 years ago

The only way I've found to kill them once they are inside (or at least contain them until Bryan can get home) the house is to put a bowl over them. I think they suffocate or something. I don't know. I just don't want them crawling on my toes or up my furniture! lol. My cat usually can kill most bugs, but he's scared of those worms. They freak him out, and he just points them out to me, all scared and worried. lol.

4. BenRam profile image57
    BenRamposted 4 years ago

In order to shoo away unwanted guests at home like centipedes, you need to make sure that you do regular cleaning. You may also consider a home renovation.

Custom Granite Steps Tampa, Florida -http://www.stmgranite.com/services.html

working