jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Gas or Electric?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image94
    Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago

Gas or Electric?

How do you prefer too cook, and why?

2. janshares profile image97
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

Definitely gas because I can control the flame and heat better than I can control the element with electric. I hate cooking on electric ranges. It gets too hot too fast.

Rochelle Frankposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I can never tell how hot the electric burner is. With gas, it's off when you turn it off.

3. LaThing profile image73
    LaThingposted 4 years ago

Electric! I have always used electric stoves and am very comfortable with it. What keeps me away from using gas? The Flames smile

I think it may come down to what you are used to. I think electric stoves are easier to clean-- especially those smooth top ones.

4. Phil Plasma profile image78
    Phil Plasmaposted 4 years ago

We recently got ourselves an induction cook top and are extremely pleased with it.  It has taken a little while to get used to it, but now that we are, it is a pleasure to use - especially for how accurately we can maintain a temperature.

Those sound very intriguing. I like temperature control.
      My new oven tells me when the oven is preheated to a selected temp. I don't like to be without a gas burner because of occasional power outages where we live. I can use a match if necessary.

5. elayne001 profile image71
    elayne001posted 4 years ago

I am a bit scared of the flame of the gas, but the heat is controlled better. Electricity seems more expensive and less controlled.

6. BenRam profile image56
    BenRamposted 4 years ago

Gas will let you save more.

Custom Granite Steps Tampa, fl - http://www.stmgranite.com/services.html

working