jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

What clutter items do you need to get rid of but have sentimental value?

1. janshares profile image95
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

What clutter items do you need to get rid of but have sentimental value?

It's so hard to finally get rid of "stuff" that really has no more value, except sentimental or the "but I might need it someday" label. I need to trash a bunch of mental health journals and clothing. How about you?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

my wife would love it if I'd get rid of all the CDs, music magazines and other rock related junk...but it's not happening!

jansharesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have gobs of CDs, too. Can't let them go. Thanks for answering.

3. Beth Eaglescliffe profile image99
    Beth Eaglescliffeposted 4 years ago

Books!

I love my old well-read and dog-eared books from my childhood. They fall apart if you try to open them up to read them. The pages are yellowed and torn, but sentiment stops me from throwing them out.

Yes, tons of books. You know, I bet clutter is a babyboomer issue. Anyone born after say 1989-90 probably doesn't have a lot of books, CDs, LPs, papers, etc. It's all on either a zip drive, hard drive, tablet, iphone, or mp3 player!

4. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

Every time one of my kids or grandkids make a drawing I save it back. And by golly, I am running OUT of room, lol. But I adore these, so will probably keep every last one of them.

Me too, bethperry, from my neices and nephews. Thanks for answering.

5. RonElFran profile image100
    RonElFranposted 4 years ago

Books! I have literally thousands. When I lived in Colorado there was a used bookstore that sold some books for ten cents. For a dime, I bought anything that even looked like I might someday, possibly read or need it. Many of them are paperbacks from the 70s or even earlier, and have no value to anyone but myself. Now they are all over the house. But I don't want to throw them away! My wife and I have a slight difference of opinion about this. She is slowly winning the argument.

Lol, Ron, a lot of people can relate to this, and to your spouse. :-) Thanks for answering.

working