jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

How do you irrigate you small home garden?

1. Patsybell profile image88
    Patsybellposted 3 years ago

How do you irrigate you small home garden?

Watering can, drag a hose, leaky hose, installed irrigation, timed water and fertilizer application, pray for rain.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8945453_f260.jpg

2. profile image54
    Absurd Evolutionposted 3 years ago

Reusing water is going to play a pivotal role in helping lessen the drain we place on water as a natural resource, and  reusing laundry water, (belonging to a category of waste water called greywater) can play a pivotal role. It's easy to water your garden this way, and if you don't feel safe having Tide in your garden, one can easily switch to one of many environmentally friendly detergents. All this takes is a large drum to store the water, a hose to reroute the washer water, a water pump for the water tank, and a long hose to your garden. Often long pieces of tubing with holes along the length are associated with this set up, called drip irrigation. I can see this set up becoming far more popular over the next few years, especially if the southwest drought continues to deepen.

1. Patsybell profile image88
      Patsybellposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I can see you've given this a great deal of thought. Not all cities allow this grey water retrieval. Are you actually using this method in your garden? It would make a great hub. Thanks for your reply.

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
      Jackie Lynnleyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes this does sound interesting and I wouldn't mind hearing more about it.

working