jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)

Another silly survey:

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
    DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago

Another silly survey:

Do you cut the manufacturer's tags off your towels?  Why or why not?

2. Snøwman profile image61
    Snøwmanposted 3 years ago

I don't because they don't bother me at all.

3. Bob Bamberg profile image95
    Bob Bambergposted 3 years ago

No, they don't bother me, either.  But the tags on facecloths annoy the Hell out of me...but I don't cut those off either because I'm afraid the facecloth will unravel.

DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

curious--New England roots, Bob?  I grew up with "facecloths," but everyone else here in CA says "washcloth."  wink
      (and I don't think they'd unravel, as long as you only cut the tag) wink

2. Bob Bamberg profile image95
      Bob Bambergposted 3 years agoin reply to this

We New Englanders do have our own terms.  To me, a washcloth is something you'd use to clean appliances and cars, etc.  In the area of MA I grew up in, soda was called tonic.  You guys probably call it pop.

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image97

Ah--yes! (Mom's family from New Bedford area). But no, we call it "soda," though when I visited Canada, and asked for a soda, they asked if I had an upset stomach, and wanted a seltzer tablet. They call it "pop."  LOL

4. Penny G profile image73
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

YES I cut the tags off towels and anything and everything that has tags. They drive me CRAZY. OCD at it's finest.

5. The Examiner-1 profile image74
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

I cut them off of my T-shirts (and any other clothes) that bother me, but I have no reason for the towels. I never even thought of it.

I keep the tags for info - such as size, wash info, etc.

6. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I do, but not because the ones on towels bother me. For some reason, my cat leaves the towels alone until he sees the tag and then he plays with the tags and that usually means some snagged up, nasty looking towels. I cut them off so he's not tempted to play with them.

HA!!!  We have some mischievous kitties, but that's a new one!  None of ours have ever gone after the towel tags!  I leave the tags on, so I can tell 'up' from 'down,' and don't use the 'feet' end the next time on my hair.  lol  (we need 2 uses per!)

7. innerspin profile image90
    innerspinposted 3 years ago

I leave them on because I've never had a reason to cut them off. In fact I just checked one yesterday to see which brand the towel was, it's wearing well and I'd like to buy more of the same.

8. tirelesstraveler profile image81
    tirelesstravelerposted 3 years ago

Nope, don't cut the tags off towels.  If they interfere with them looking nice on the towel rack I might consider removing them otherwise they don't bother me. 
    I say face cloth ; my mother was from Boston.  Now I am going to have to notice what Californians call them .

LOL--I'm a Californian with New England ancestry--both parents were from N.E.  Mom from New Bedford; Dad from New Hampshire.  wink

9. profile image0
    Daveadamposted 3 years ago

I'm afraid i had to, as all mine we're "borrowed" over the years from hotels!....The prices some of those places charged, i should have taken the bed as well!lol. :-)

lol  too funny!  And the draperies, also!  hee hee

10. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

nope, just leave it there, will tear off on its own after 3 years of washing

Closed to reply

working