jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What are some of your favorite plants, you must plant in your garden every singl

1. suzzycue profile image94
    suzzycueposted 5 years ago

What are some of your favorite plants, you must plant in your garden every single year?

I love to eat tomatoes so tomatoes are the main vegetable in my garden. What is your plant?

2. Robie Benve profile image99
    Robie Benveposted 5 years ago

same here: tomatoes of different sizes and shapes. smile
    Next to them I usually have basil, great combination of taste, infact I often make caprese.

3. davenmidtown profile image88
    davenmidtownposted 5 years ago

Tomatoes are my favorite but I enjoy growing pumpkins and gourds, melons, peppers, and garlic... those are my primary staple plants to grow each spring/summer. I also like to grow potatoes and herbs.

4. Open Mind Mitch profile image82
    Open Mind Mitchposted 5 years ago

Yes, I love tomatoes (variety I like best is Shirley - very reliable, disease resistant and heavy cropper) as well and grow them just about every year. 

I also grow Jersey, new or waxy salad potatoes on a yearly basis, because at the beginning of the season the price in the shops is astronomical and I enjoy growing drawf French beans as they are great in stir fries, salads (hot and cold) and as part of a meat and 2 veg traditional type meal.

5. profile image0
    Gusserposted 5 years ago

Kohlrabi, both the purple & green ones. Great to snack on or add to salads.

6. rutley profile image75
    rutleyposted 5 years ago

Anything and everything I can get my hands on for cheap or free! When I'm at the malls I pick seeds off plants in the fall and plant them in my garden...SSHhhhh, don't tell anyone.....ha ha, that's what I mean by FREE!

7. DonnaCosmato profile image96
    DonnaCosmatoposted 5 years ago

We've been experimenting with tomatoes in different varieties, growth mediums and so forth for the last 10 years. This year, we're giving the garden a rest from the tomatoes and focusing on climbing and vining varieties such as beans and peas.

working