How do you clean a digital airconditioner without shorting the computer out with

1. profile image59
    rpateposted 19 months ago

How do you clean a digital airconditioner without shorting the computer out with a water hose

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 19 months ago

You are talking about the condenser outside, yes? You clean it with a water hose. The thing gets rained on all the time. It doesn't short out in the rain - and you most certainly will not be removing the protective panel covering the controls.

Your goal is to clean the coils of the condenser. So air can travel through the coils to allow the refrigerant to condense more efficiently. Just use your thumb for pressure, and carefully spray from the outside into the condenser until the coils look clean.

I'm a universally licensed hvac mechanic, have been since 1995. I've probably cleaned more than a thousand condensers just the way I (hopefully) explained. And you can wash them while they are running. I've never once been shocked by the electricity in the control panel.

1. profile image59
      rpateposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Thank u I have water coming in now so we have to lean it back w a piece of 2by4 holding it up when they put it in they just stuck it in there

working