jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you clean your computer inside if it is overheating without damaging it?

1. TechyTech profile image58
    TechyTechposted 6 years ago

How do you clean your computer inside if it is overheating without damaging it?

2. profile image47
    compsplanetposted 6 years ago

Main question is is it a PC or a laptop. These two would be completely different to clean. Most of the time you would use a compressed air in can (can be bought in computer stores and supermarkets) You hit fans and wherever you can reach with air which will force the dust out. Please make sure all equipment is disconnected from any power before doing so.

3. TechyTech profile image58
    TechyTechposted 6 years ago

yeah I wanted to clean my desktop it was making lots of noise so I just used a blow dryer and some cotton buds to clean my cpu fan it was really dirty I was even going to buy one of those mini vacuums on ebay, but thank you next time I'll try the compressed air.

4. digitalkdogg profile image55
    digitalkdoggposted 6 years ago

Just get a can air and blow out the vents.  I would first turn of the computer though.

5. RadAdMusic profile image65
    RadAdMusicposted 6 years ago

compressed air works well, don't be scared to open up the tower case. Your not going to break anything its all mounted to the case well. Also some cases have a filter by where the fan intake is, if its clogged with dust your airflow will be reduced and your cpu/gpu will definately heat up due to the lack of cooling.

So just check to see if its got a filter, also you can blow out the fan on the power supply

working