jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How do I get rid of moles?

1. rgasperson lm profile image89
    rgasperson lmposted 19 months ago

How do I get rid of moles?

I have found several hold in the ditch next to the road on my property. I believe they are dug by moles. I'm worried about the damage they might be able to do to my yard. How can I make them go away before they cause trouble.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13123504_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 19 months ago

Moth balls worked for us. When you find one of their tunnels drop a couple of math balls in it. I don't think it killed them it just made them find another yard to destroy.

3. profile image0
    Copper Manposted 19 months ago

Moth balls work, as suggested. Otherwise, you might try flooding them out. Insert a hose into the tunnel and turn on the water. You likely will see a mole or two scamper elsewhere from somewhere along the tunnel. Don't worry, they can dig out quickly enough that they won't drown. As noted, your neighbor may not appreciate your solution.

1. rgasperson lm profile image89
      rgasperson lmposted 19 months agoin reply to this

I thought about using boiling water. It would kill the mole and all the grass. Not sure that is a very PETA friendly solution though.

4. ptosis profile image81
    ptosisposted 19 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13123989_f260.jpg

Find an active tunnel then cover it, If  open again then know for sure it is an active tunnel. Can use lure, circular rodent or loop choking style traps. The last two types requires digging.

Or gas the moles with smoke bomb available at hardware stores. Or use dry ice, the carbon dioxide will cause  suffocation.

Of course these are not PETA friendly. So a no kill solution and just make them go away is to use garden wind spinners  near the hole which cause the ground to vibrate and moles will move on to some place else.

working