Easy and Tasty Chicken Recipes
Delectable Chicken Dishes in a Dash
There are many ways of cooking chicken. The featured recipes here are on frying, roasting, baking, and grilling.
Frying chicken can be prepared very quickly and cooked as fast. While roasting and baking chicken requires little preparation time but needs a longer cooking time.
Whichever cooking method you choose, each easy-to-follow recipe here guarantees a succulent and delicious chicken dish!
Deep South Fried Chicken
A frying size chicken is a must in this heirloom recipe. Yields 8 servings. Ready in 45 minutes.
- 1 cup of shortening or vegetable oil
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of iodized salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 whole chicken, cut into serving pieces (2 to 3 pound weight)
- Put a large Teflon pan over medium-high heat. Heat oil.
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper inside a food plastic bag. Shake to mix well. Put 2 pieces of chicken inside the bag and shake to coat. Transfer flour-coated chicken into the hot oil. Repeat procedure until all chicken pieces are coated and placed in the frying pan.
- Fry chicken over medium-high. Use thongs to turn each piece to brown evenly on all sides.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and put cover on pan. Cook for 25 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Remove cover and continue frying until chicken pieces are a deep golden brown. Fried chicken is cooked when the juices run clear.
How to Cook Fried Chicken - Southern Style
Juicy Roasted Chicken
Here's the secret recipe of the juiciest roasted chicken, all the way from Germany. Yields 6 servings. Ready in 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- 1 whole chicken, cleaned and washed (3 pounds weight)
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder, or to taste
- ½ cup of margarine, softened and divided in two
- 1 fat stalk of celery, remove leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange chicken in a roasting pan. Combine salt, ground pepper and onion powder. Rub the seasoning mixture on whole chicken, inside and out.
- Spoon ¼ cup of softened margarine inside the chicken.
- Cut the celery into 2-inch pieces and put inside the chicken.
- Brush the remaining margarine all over chicken.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Baste the chicken with its drippings.
- Cover the whole chicken with aluminum foil. Set aside for 30 minutes before serving. The rest will allow flavors to set in.
How to Cook Tasty Roasted Chicken
This recipe is perfect for busy people. Before going out to work in the morning, transfer the frozen chicken from the freezer to the refrigerator. It will be nicely thawed in time for dinner. Just add dressing and sprinkle cheese, you can bake chicken in a jiffy. Yields 4 servings. Ready in 30 minutes.
- 4 pieces boneless and skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounce weight)
- 1 cup of Italian salad dressing, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon of iodized salt, optional
- Ground white pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnishing, minced
- Arrange chicken in a lightly-greased baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Distribute salad dressing and cheese on chicken.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
- Transfer chicken on plate and sprinkle minced parsley. Serve hot.
How to Bake Chicken Parmigiana
Maple Barbecued Chicken
Glaze a chicken with thick maple syrup to create a magical dish. Ready in 30 minutes. Yields 8 servings.
- ¾ cup of barbecue sauce
- ¾ cup of maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon of salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon of maple flavoring
- 8 pieces boneless and skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounce weight)
- In a small bowl, mix together the barbecue sauce, maple syrup, salt, and maple flavoring to make sauce. Reserve ¾ cup of maple sauce inside the refrigerator.
- Over medium heat, arrange chicken on lightly-greased grill grate. Baste with maple mixture and grill each side for 6 to 8 minutes, or until chicken is done. Turn chicken to avoid burning.
- Serve hot with the reserved sauce.