- Personal Finance»
- Saving Tips
How To Save Money While Planning A Wedding
Planning A Wedding
Are you planning a wedding? If your response to this question is yes, then you're probably wondering, how to save money planning a wedding? Wedding planning can be extremely stressful not to mention extremely expensive; so it is important to develop and implement some very effective cost cutting strategies. For starters, there are many things to consider; i.e. the size of the wedding party, setting a date, wedding location, wedding decor, number of guest to be invited,the wedding date, and establishing a reasonable wedding budget. For most of us this will be a difficult task, so I decided to find some great save money tips, that just might help you to better plan your wedding. There are several ways to save money during wedding planning. For instance, explore different wedding ideas; like non-traditional venyards, such as outdoor weddings, or hosting a wedding within a reception hall, to eliminate the costs of transportation, and the booking of two venyards. Throughout the duration of this hub, i will shed light on several ways to save money without eliminating the ellegance from the wedding. Because, every Bride should experience the day of there dreams, without going broke of course.
How To Plan an Inexpensive Wedding
Today the average traditional wedding according to lowbudgetwedding.com, is $20,000. This is not giving reference to extravagant weddings by the way. Can you say expensive, wow. In order to plan an inexpensive wedding, there has to be a lot of researching and cost cutting done. I would say that $5,000 is a reasonable amount to spend on a budgeted wedding. Most people don't know how much they should spend on a wedding, which is how they often end up over spending. I agree that most couples should pay for what they want; however it shouldn't have to cost a fortune. When considering all costs of the wedding, budgeting is not an easy task. Thank god for the internet, and the advancement of technology, because these are two aspects that can help you achieve your goal of saving money while planning a dream wedding. I know it can be difficult to budget a wedding; however it's not impossible. You just have to know where to go to get the best bargains. For example, there is a website that acts as your own personal wedding planner, and the best part about it is that is absolutely free. You should check it out at www.weddingwire.com. This site helps you build your own wedding website, create your budget, arrange your own seating, send invitations, track guest lists, gifts, and more. It even has a checklist, and inspiration board so that you can track your progress. You can also use hotel booking sites, to book hotel and venue reservations for free. An speaking of doing it yourself, there is a site that specializes in cheap wedding favors. Some of these favors are as cheap as $1. The sites address is www.myweddingfavors.com.
Save Yourself A Lot of Time And Money Hire A Wedding Planner
When you think of hiring a wedding planner, the first thought that comes to mind is way too expensive, wrong. In actuality a wedding planner can save you both time and money. Especially if your thinking in terms of having a big wedding with over 100 people in attendance. A good wedding planner knows how to cut costs decor, floral, photography, booking venyards, food, transportation,entertainment, and the bridal and grooming dress. If your leaning towards a big wedding then you may want to seriously entertain the thought of hiring a wedding planner.
Inexpensive Wedding Ideas
Almost every girl dreams of their big day. You know, the day she weds. While some of us are not as financially stable as others, everyone should get to have their dream wedding without the fiancial burden. Here are some Inexpensive wedding ideas to help the frugal bride have nice wedding.
- For starters you can choose a site that comes with everything. Most people think that by eliminating the cost of renting a venyard, you save money. This may be true in some cases; but you should take into consideration, that you could be adding costs to other areas of planning, such as decor, floral, food, seating, transportation, etc. If you find a site that provides all of these things then you should compare pricing, and really take this idea into strong consideration.
- Consider picking an off date or time to have the wedding. Consider having a January or February wedding, because winter weddings are less popular it may not be as hard to book a venyard, not to mention less expensive because supply is not in demand. U may want to consider wedding on anyday of the week other than Saturaday. Saturday is the most popular day to wed and the most sought after which means prices may increase and your options become more limited.
- Shop the sample sales for your dress. You can get a designer dress for a fraction of the cost. You should also try online dress shopping, it can be much more descrete an less expensive. There are several online shopping sites that specialize in cutting the wedding dress cost. You may want to try online networks such as dhgate.com.
- Keep the guest list to a minimum. Only invite your closest friends, and family. I know this one may sound harsh; but for single friends only invite them, don't give them the date option. Make sure you have them r.s.v.p. If they don't r.s.v.p then don't count that person.
- Shop online to find the cheapest wedding cake. U can consider shopping online for your cake. Consider a cupcake wedding cake instead of the traditional it's cheaper and creative. There are a lot of sites that cater to cheaper but creative decor. Consider combining both bride and groom cake.
- Hire a photographer who includes a digital video package. Instead of hiring entertainment for reception, you can entertain your guest with a slideshow of pictures of you and the groom.
- Create your own wedding invitations. You can do this a number of ways. One very common way is to buy the box invitations and personalize them with pictures and your own words. Another way is u can use the social networks like fb, twitter, myspace, and the use of emails to invite. With the economy going green this not a bad idea.
- Create your own wedding favors. There are a numerous amount of websites that are dedicated to helping you make your own wedding and reception favors. Some of them have favors for as cheap as $1. Be careful when purchasing items, those dollars can add up quickly.
- Eliminate the cost of professional photography all together. Technology has advanced so today that you can take perfect pictures, with cellphones, and digital camera's so just encourage your friends and family to take lots of pics. With the developing of all of these media sites; such as flickr, picasaweb, etc. you can compile a digital photo album in minutes with one click. You can develop your own personal wedding blog that will be great.
Best Brian Mcknight Wedding Songs
- Cheap Wedding Dresses-Creative Ideas for the Bride on a Budget
Just because you don't have a dime to spare doesn't mean you've got to sacrifice that oh-so-important element of your wedding: the gown. Why not stand out with a unique and creative dress? Here are five...
- Wedding Planning for a Christian Bride
Wedding Day is a very special day, especially for the Bride and groom. This day symbolizes the beginning of the journey together and good planning is important to make this a memorable day. Experts say that if you are planning your own wedding day, t
- Wedding Tips: Planning A No-Glitch Ceremony!
Unfortunately even setting an enormously high budget for the wedding does not mean that the wedding ceremonies will run totally smooth, that they will be executed flawlessly. Not even spending mega bucks can...
- How to Save Money When Wedding Planning
So you have decided to get married, Congratulations!!! You are now starting to plan for that big day. The average cost of a wedding is just under $30,000. Sounds like a lot of money maybe too much money...