- Personal Finance»
How to Get the Lowest Car Insurance Premiums
In most nations today, auto insurance is obligatory for one to own a car. Even though it is everywhere, auto insurance policies vary widely depending on the type of coverage one is applying for, the costing of individual insurance providers, the amount of coverage at stake, and the model, make, and age of the vehicle you are insuring. By taking some time to familiarize yourself with what’s covered by your auto insurance, and what is not covered thereof, you could save yourself a lot of cash in the long run.
When it comes to saving a considerable amount of money on auto insurance, there are a number of ways that you can make the best out of your policy. Which are:
- You need to shop around. Compare pricing on the same policies from different companies before buying. You will discover that some similar policies will have varying premiums with some reputable firms offering better deals and discounts than others.
- It is also possible to get a discount on auto insurance if you get your home and auto insurance from the same insurance service provider Cancel comprehensive and collision coverage on old automobiles because an old car depreciates in value and the insurance companies tend to pay very little even if the car is destroyed. It can be wiser to set aside the amount you would have paid on auto insurance for a rainy day in case an accident forces you to purchase a new car.
- You should also avoid filling for claims because every accident you file a claim for, no matter how minor or major it is, can earn you a higher premiums. For minor damages and accidents, it might be a smart idea to pay for the premiums from your pocket to ensure that your monthly premiums remain low, so you can save the major claims for a rainy day.
- Another way to save big bucks on auto insurance is to inquire about group discounts. Most insurance companies today extend special prices if you can verify that you are part of an insurable group, like a member of an alumnus of a well-known university or college or an employee of a big organization. You can save lots of cash by such a simple inquiry
- As mentioned, auto insurance prices vary significantly and one determinant of the difference is the deductible. A deductible is the amount of money you will be expected to pay off your pocket to repair damage done on your car in the event of an accident before the insurance company chips in. If for example you decide to change your deductible from $0-$500, you may end up saving as much as $40 in a month and $480 in a year.
- Getting the Most Affordable Auto Insurance for your Teenage Driver
Your teenage driver has finally got his much awaited drivers license and has started demanding for the car that you had always promised him the moment he hits driving age. While buying the car could not be...
- Basic Types of Auto Insurance
There are different types of auto insurance plans available in the market today. In the US, auto insurance is a legal requirement; it is not a choice because if it were, no one would have seen the need to have...