jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (16 posts)

Help! I need to save cash...

1. profile image0
    DjBryle Worksposted 8 years ago

How can I save money without compromising a balanced diet?

1. flavinho profile image55
      flavinhoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

share your monthly income into the followwing ways:

1. keep 50% of your income in cash or in an interest yielding bank account no matter how small

2. apportion one part of the other half on home maintenance and the rest on personal mainetnance.

its working for me an i believe it would for u.

2. flavinho profile image55
      flavinhoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

share your monthly income into the followwing ways:

1. keep 50% of your income in cash or in an interest yielding bank account no matter how small

2. apportion one part of the other half on home maintenance and the rest on personal mainetnance.

its working for me an i believe it would for u.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

How about growing some of your own food hmm very therapeutic too smile gardnening that is, lol

1. profile image0
      DjBryle Worksposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Great idea! smile

3. ChrisSnil profile image57
    ChrisSnilposted 8 years ago

I'd suggest stockpiling, if you've a supermarket nearby that does a lot of Buy-One-Get-One-Free deals, look for offers on food that you can freeze, as well as foods that are dried or tinned and will last a while.

If you can find a lot of bargain ingredients, try using them to cook in bulk and freezing the excess for later days, it can be a great way of making your food go further

I've included some more useful info on my eating Well On A Budget hub if you want to take a look smile

4. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

Consider coupons. Some grocery stores will even double the discount on the coupon up to a certain amount.

If you have a market place with fresh produce in your area, they typically have cheaper prices than the grocery store.

5. EasyLearn profile image60
    EasyLearnposted 8 years ago

Look to other areas to save besides food:

Cut back cell phone service
    Cut your cable
    Cut back the lattes (So cliche)
    Auto Save
    Pick up a part time job
    Start Saving Your Change (stops impulse vending machine buys)
    Plan where you stop for gas
    Use your cruise control

etc etc etc

6. profile image0
    DjBryle Worksposted 8 years ago

Thank you all for sharing! smile Your tips are so helpful... May the good Lord bless us all with more cash! LOL!

7. lindagoffigan profile image60
    lindagoffiganposted 8 years ago

Think over purchases for 24 hours and sleep on your decision.

8. bgamall profile image81
    bgamallposted 8 years ago

Theft, robbery, breakins. Of course those are risky. You may lose in the long run and have to eat prison food, which may not be that healthy:)))

Linda, if that is your pic you are one good lookin' chick. Just a passing Nevada complement.

Probably wouldn't make it if I still lived in Cali:))) (Not politically correct in the Golden State)

9. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 8 years ago

My supermarket has a section for older produce and it sells at 75% off. If I'm makeing soup, or chicken pot pie, or spaghetti sauce. I by the needed veggies there. The vegetables are all cooked so their appearance isn't that important.

The same for bananas for banana bread. In fact I look at this area everytime I go in. If there's a good buy there, I work it into my menues.

10. toby26 profile image40
    toby26posted 8 years ago

In order to save, first you need to find out your expenditure. Start out by preparing excel sheet showing details of your expense. Do this for about a month and you would be able to identify you top category of expenditure.

After you know where your money goes, you can start thinking of way to reduce those.

Hope that helps

11. infinityplusone profile image53
    infinityplusoneposted 8 years ago

You can only save so much, how about working on increasing what you bring in? By making more hubs or creating more articles, etc.

I like this approach better.

1. profile image44
      badcompany99posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Jeeez how did you write 148 hubs in 3 months, way to go !

12. Greek One profile image74
    Greek Oneposted 8 years ago

step 1:  visit your friends more often and tell them about your finanical troubles

step 2: As they go into the kitchen to get you a drink, look through their couch cushions for spare change that has fallen out of pockets

step 3: collect this change

working