How To Play Poker – Does Playing Poker Help Traders Be Better In The Stock Market?
Kind of, but not really.
In poker, you're given cards and you have to do your best to win. To win, you have to know:
1) The odds of your hand being the best hand possible
2) Reading your opponent to figure out their hand
3) When you're going to win, how to make the most money possible (overall)
4) When you're going to lose, how to lose the least money possible (overall)
This things can be applied to the stock market as well.
1) The odds of your stocks doing extremely well
2) Reading market info to figure out which stocks will do well
3) When your stock does well, know when to buy/sell to make the most money possible (overall)
4) When your stock does poorly, know when to buy/sell to lose the least money possible (overall)
So... playing poker can help, but it doesn't mean that it will. Nor does it mean that you have to play poker to become a stock market guru.
by Aleksandra1237 years ago
I would be a 10 million poker chips every day playing poker and I think I deservemy name is Alexander Böhme and would like the chips
by mintinfo6 years ago
Is Israel playing poker with USHave you been following the recent news regarding Israel and the White House. Is Israel trying to play on the fact that the Obame admin is down in the polls and is getting pummeled by the...
by jakobander7 years ago
How did you meet your husband?
by thirdmillenium8 years ago
The priest at the altar demands: who among you are he and he?All men stand up.The priest thunders: "you will all go to hell, and who are she and she?All women stand up. Priest is livid: "you will all go a...
by investor1017 years ago
Hey all,I recently read a couple articles on SIG, a successful investment group and found out their investing strategy is based on poker?! Well obviously it makes sense, but to what extent can you invest simply based on...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.