Pros and cons of getting your real estate license in today's market?
As a Real Estate Investor- what are your thoughts about the pros and cons of getting your real estate license in today's market? How might it affect your real estate investing business?
1) Call 3 real estate brokers in your area and ask them what are the pros and cons
2) Go to real estate investor forums http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums and ask full time investors there
3) Visit real estate attorneys forums or blogs and post your question there as well
4) Visit real estate investors clubs in your area and speak to f/t investors there about the pros and cons of this http://reiclub.com/real-estate-clubs.php
My 2 cents:
You have access to 1st hand opportunities to investment opportunities through that office
When you visit potential people in foreclosure you will have to reveal that you are a investor but also a realtor, and this could be viewed in the troubled persons eyes as some one not sincere in helping but taking advantage of them, just be honest upfront to avoid this perception or reduce it by being upfront.
Having a real estate license allows you to help people buy, sell, lease, and negotiate real estate.
There are two sets of licenses that are issued.
1. Real estate salesperson
2. Real estate broker license.
Generally, one must work as a real estate sales person first, but there can be exceptions to those rules, if someone has attained college degree in real estate or practicing as real estate attorney.
In order to obtain a real estate broker's license, check your local state rules.
1. The process of getting the license sometimes its delayed and you have to acquire a training to pass an exam.
2. From investors point of view it would be that you have the real estate license and you can take advantages of their properties.
by Doomballoon21 months ago
What kind of property would you buy as a first-time real estate investor?
by Jyoti Kothari4 years ago
How to invest in real estate?
by Kelly Kline Burnett7 years ago
I think the next 3 months will be the best time ever to purchase a home. Your thoughts?One agent felt that there would be another dip.I asked this question the other night and an established owner of a plumbing...
by PiaC6 years ago
Is it a good time to invest in real estate now? or is the market still falling?
by H P Roychoudhury4 years ago
Which one is profitable investing in stock or in real-estate?
by Jessica Noonan7 years ago
This is a great time to review your finances. If you have not thought of buying a rental property before ...it's time. Facing the current market of homes dropping in prices and rates in a all time low...it's time to...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.