jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it necessary to spend extremely over budget at Christmas time?

1. G Miah profile image83
    G Miahposted 8 years ago

Is it necessary to spend extremely over budget at Christmas time?

Many people at the time of the economic crisis and recession wil spend over their budget (if they have one), and get into worse and more debt than they're in already. Do you think this is compulsory? Even in this special time of Christmas?

2. Saving Money Tips profile image60
    Saving Money Tipsposted 8 years ago

No, of course it is not necessary to spend extremely over budget at Christmas time.  However, many people do out of a false sense of guilt.  It is the Grandkids, you know.  Or, they got me somthing last time.  Or, I just have to.

It is only compulsory if the individual giver makes it so.  They should actually help themselves get out of debt first.

http://www.household-budget-made-easy.c … cards.html

Great gifts can be had for very little money. 

David

3. G Miah profile image83
    G Miahposted 8 years ago

Thanks for answering this question. I know alot of people who are spending on their credit cards when they don't earn enough to live on right now!

4. PurpleOne profile image90
    PurpleOneposted 8 years ago

I definitely think that people way overspend over Christmas. To me (and to a lot of people, I know), the whole thing is just so overly commercialized that it's sickening. Yes, buy a few things for the people who mean the most to you in life but don't overdo it.. People don't remember what they get for Christmas anyway!!

working