jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is there a source I can turn to help me financially until I can get on my feet a

1. profile image45
    Pragueposted 7 years ago

Is there a source I can turn to help me financially until I can get on my feet again?

My husband is a narcissist.  He left me for his first wife who he is still in love with.   I am disabled.  My only source of income is social security disability.  I write lyrics and compose music.  I am not a lazy person.  I worked 42 years in the corporate world, thirty of which were in the legal field.  He slandered my name.  My daughter believed him, her step-father, She believed him based on her father's agreement with him,  Her husband also had bad influence on her because he was jealous of our close relationship. Her father is a recovering alcoholic. She grew up inheriting his behavior.

2. Torch Harrison profile image83
    Torch Harrisonposted 7 years ago

Depending on how much you get with SSD, you may qualify for SSI.  You could also go to your state's department of human services and apply for foodstamps to reduce the amount of money you spend, but you'll have to meet an income limit.  If you have utilities and they are in shut off, you can get help for that through local utility companies or charities in your area.  If you haven't been divorced yet, you may qualify for spousal support, but that would have to go through the courts and can take as long as six months to years depending on the issues. 

I'm afraid to say, however, that with the current economic situation, you may have to wait some time to get financial help...many charities and department of human services are overrun with applications and are weeks behind in processing them.

3. Great Diadem profile image71
    Great Diademposted 7 years ago

I know no source sweetheart but only want to encourage you to hold on and not despair, believe that you are at a turn around point and that faith can work wonders for you. I just feel your pains dear, why don't you find a way to reach the heart of your dear daughter and bring her back to you. You can get a family friend she can listen to okay. Take great care of yourself okay Baby.

4. profile image51
    Tom Jamisonposted 7 years ago

Start with a complete look at your financial situation, income, expenses, everything.  The above two posts also contain good advice.  Most people have many expenses they should eliminate.  For example how did you get on the internet?  It is free at the library.  Cancel your internet access if you can get to the library 2x a month for less.  Many people have home phones and cell phones.  Why?  Get one prepaid phone, bad credit is ok, and cancel everything else.

working