jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Are you happy with your current income?

1. Instgtr profile image80
    Instgtrposted 7 years ago

Are you happy with your current income?

if not, how much "per year" would make you feel like you're making enough, that you wouldn't need to make more?

(based on 2010 figures - with automatic adjustments for inflation...)

2. Phanti profile image60
    Phantiposted 7 years ago

I would be really happy with another $12,000 a year.  I am on a disability and that would really help me out with all of my expenses.

3. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 7 years ago

It's a tough question, because my income is down at least 30%, so plainly we are used to having more.

On the other hand, we certainly "get by" and then some.  We've given up some things - we used to have a vacation home and used to go out to eat once a week, we gave up HBO and Cinemax, but the vacation place was too far to drive now, and we don't miss eating out and hardly ever watched these things anyway. 

We have a nice place to live, clothing, food and high speed Internet :-)

So we don't "need" that missing money.  We are happy.  I can't help thinking about people who have lost their jobs or their homes  or both.  We have given up really nothing by comparison, so I just cannot complain.

4. Instgtr profile image80
    Instgtrposted 7 years ago

What I'm asking is how much per year would you need to be happy (versus how much more...)  I figure I need about $80,000 per year to be happy (and wouldn't need more) granted, that would change if all my bills were paid off right now...

Of course once I make $80,000 per year, I'll probably be saying, "If I could just make $85,000 per year..."

5. profile image0
    dracaslairposted 7 years ago

no im not.im trying to get my adsence account going.im trying to get writting carrear going.

6. pork22 profile image69
    pork22posted 7 years ago

Yes, I am happy with my income. I have a lot of free time and enjoy posting questions and answers on hub pages. If you learn to live within your means you will find you have more money than you need.