jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

So are you making money on hub? I am kind of in the same boat.

1. profile image59
    Martha Castilloposted 7 years ago

So are you making money on hub?  I am kind of in the same boat.

With the realestate market down and me being fifty two any tips could help.  Thank you.

2. profile image0
    twhite94posted 7 years ago

I just wrote a hub about this. Make sure you check my hub. It is, "Four ways to make money with HubPages."

http://hubpages.com/hub/Four-Ways-to-Ma … h-HubPages

If you have any questions, then make sure to ask.

3. C.V.Rajan profile image78
    C.V.Rajanposted 7 years ago

I think quantity and variety is the key. (Other than the usual, "top notch key words", SEO, etc etc).

I am no big earner; I am not a mass producer. I don't research on key words and fit the head to the cap. I don't strain too much on SEO.

But based on my experience in another site, I can say "quantity pays". My 450 articles are getting me near about a dollar a day.

Those who declare big earnings, in my opinion, are in hopeless minority. I also have a feeling that many people exaggerate things. I have read many articles giving guidelines on how to make big earnings (from Hubpages/ blogs/ through Google adsense) and most of them contain almost same stuff. I feel quite sure that 80% of those who write such guidelines have never seen any big money themselves.

They write in those topics just because "How to make money......" is a very widely searched key word!

1. JanMaklak profile image76
      JanMaklakposted 5 years agoin reply to this

probably about 2 years of part time work to make a dollar a day.  Not very encouraging.  I write a hub in about 2 hours with research and editing.  A dollar a day would make me stop beating myself up.  I am earning about 40-50 cents daily for 39 hubs

4. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

I'm in my 3rd year of hub writing, a bit more than a year of that pretty regularly.  I have received a number of checks from Google but am not yet to the point of getting a check every month. 

However, not much of my writing has been specifically aimed toward making money.  Rather, I write about what I know or which incites my passion.  It does appear that some hubbers do quite well financially...and also that most of those folks are focusing on highly marketable material.

5. Flightkeeper profile image71
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

I'm making money on my hubs, but you really have to work at marketing those hubs in order to get a monthly payout.

6. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

The people who are making money on HubPages tend to be those with either experience in sales (which is the non-fancy word for "marketing") or who have very strong writing skills.  It takes time and you have to learn your craft.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Improve-Your-Hub-Earnings

7. JanMaklak profile image76
    JanMaklakposted 5 years ago

1) get into social media.  Twitter, facebook and pinterest for a start.  There are several more like linked in etc.
    2) get a TON of followers on twitter by following others and culling the ones who don't follow you back.  I have a post on this. I have over 13K followers
    3) Get a web site at blogger.com and post snippets of your articles there with a link to bring them here.  This will help with your adwords on blogger and adwords on hubpages.
    4) tweet very regularily to your followers directing them to your blogger site which  in turn brings them here. 
    5) build up a fan base on facebook and post snippets of articles there as well.
    6) if your really ambitious write an ebook and give it away when people join your mailing list.  The ebook should have links all over to bring them to your blogger site, hub site, Squidoo site as well.
    7) This is not without some controversy. Get an article spinner and spin your own articles and post on Squidoo. Add some further sentences so the search robots cannot spot it as spun text.  Repeat the whole process there too. 

I haven't got as far as I like but quite frankly I don't think unless you automate your efforts you will ever make any real money.  I really can't project earning any more than about 3-4 dollars a day even in a year or two.

working