jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If you are always lending someone money and then they ask again after you say yo

1. qtkeeks profile image52
    qtkeeksposted 7 years ago

If you are always lending someone money and then they ask again after you say you are not giving...

them no more (even though you have it) would u give it to them if they really really needed it?

2. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 7 years ago

Probably not.  I assume from the question that the "need" is always caused by stupidity and greed, not from some other unforseen action.  People that constantly want donations will never learn better until the giver stops giving and the subsequent lack of money hurts.

You might consider making a small loan, but if you don't dun them to get it back you're no better off.

3. KKalmes profile image60
    KKalmesposted 7 years ago

you are the patsy here... I have a few people in my life who have been cut off... doesn't do them any good to know they can make their selfish, ridiculous decisions like gambling, buy drugs, not work because you will make sure they can eat and do more of the same.

cut them off... no is hard, but yes is more detrimental to both of you!

4. Jubileerose profile image70
    Jubileeroseposted 6 years ago

Assist them in finding a solution to their financial issues if it is a family member. There are many many resources in each city that can assist financial, and with food and jobs.  They will take the hint after you keep showing them where to go.  If they are not willing to help themselves then there is a problem.  That problem needs to be addressed.