jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is this a right time to invest your money?

1. trafford profile image37
    traffordposted 7 years ago

Is this a right time to invest your money?

What do you think so, is it really a good time to invest your money when the whole world is in crisis...some where flood took everything from every one....some where people even don't have money to eat when ever they feel to eat.....so in this situation of whole world, do we need to invest our money to any property like buying homes, buying golds, invest in any real estate project?

2. chan0512 profile image62
    chan0512posted 7 years ago

Yes, If you know what you will invest on. No, If you don't know what your investment is. My suggestion is never put all your eggs in one basket (i.e. need to diversify). I learned the hard way during the past recession 2007-2009, lost 50% of my capital by not fully diversify. But this month, I have earned all my capital back and more.

Regarding gold, I never a fan of gold especially right now. Everyone mention gold even the TV ads about gold is rising. Looks like a bubble to me. Though if you want to invest in gold, try to get in slowly through Gold ETF (i.e. GLD) or Gold miners stocks.

Final advise, please do your own research before invest in anything.

3. mncredit profile image56
    mncreditposted 7 years ago

Recession is the best time to start investing. It is also the best opportunity to become rich. Many people become richer after the recession because they invested smart. However, you must do researches before jumping on any stocks, unless you can afford to lose all your money if that the case smile    Let's say you invested in LVS in 2007. 3 years later, $10,000 could become somewhere close to $250,000 ?   Now, that a lot of money wink

4. davidbrian profile image59
    davidbrianposted 7 years ago

I would put my vote towards silver.  Real estate is an option if you can buy it cheap, fix it up and rent it out/sell it.  That is a lot of work but I think it is a viable option.

I am considering doing that in the Florida market as a vacation home/rental.

working