jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What was the first thing to go when you starting cutting expenses?

1. Avamum profile image86
    Avamumposted 7 years ago

What was the first thing to go when you starting cutting expenses?

2. thismamaworksit profile image58
    thismamaworksitposted 7 years ago

The first thing for me was coffee. But that was also the first thing to go when cutting calories as well. So not only did I sabe a bit of money but it has also helped in my weight loss goals.

3. Treasuresofheaven profile image73
    Treasuresofheavenposted 7 years ago

Cell phone insurance.  This monthly fee is wasteful, especially in the first year, when your phone is under warranty.  I had my cell phone repaired at Sprint a couple days ago, and paid $35.00.  If I had insurance, the cost would have been $50.00 for a new phone --that I didn't need - that's crazy.

4. L a d y f a c e profile image79
    L a d y f a c eposted 7 years ago

Lunches out. I'm a die-hard foodie and love to try out new food. It's my weakness, and consequently, my bank account's nemesis.

5. Cumbesef profile image60
    Cumbesefposted 7 years ago

This one is easy - excess.  I became very deliberate when making trips around town running errands and would list everything I had to do and then went over the list to put the stops in order geographically...making the best use of the gas.  I charted my bills to pay everything early...sending a check by mail; only paying electronically when it was free to do so.  I began wearing less dry-cleanable clothing and wore more wash-n-wear items; got my hair done every two months, instead of every month.

Believe it or not...my food budget takes the last hit in situations like this!  I am not going to compromise my meals.

6. womenintouch profile image59
    womenintouchposted 7 years ago

Stop buying things you do not need. Stop eatting out and trying to keep up with the other people who are trying to keep up with you. take inventory of what you already have and decide what your needs are instead of your wants.

Start saving and putting money aside for the things you need. Get rid of all your credit cards and get a debit card, it works the same way. this way if you buy it you can afford it ; if the money is not there in the account then you can't afford it and need to save more.
    Live on a shoe-string budget for a while and see the cash flow in. This Holiday cut out buying for everyone and shorten your list. if you don't have be honest and upfront instead of charging it and paying for it later with a gig hole in your pocket believe me it won't be worth it in the in

7. profile image44
    hjsas 9posted 7 years ago

Cell phone they were intended for emergency use only. I get so frustrated  with people who say they have no money. they have a $300 cell phone 2 year contract unlimited text /internet/pic messages. and the 3 kids have brand new phones $160 per month. Get a track phone or cricket phone. and use the home phone. why do most people pay for house and cell. internet on the phone internet on the computer
    Just seems like a waste to me