jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think more people should try to make a career online instead of going to

1. angellove24 profile image57
    angellove24posted 7 years ago

Do you think more people should try to make a career online instead of going to college?

2. Cassie Ann profile image61
    Cassie Annposted 7 years ago

This is a hard questions to answer as many people aren't cut out to learn how to earn a living online just as most people would not or could not be a surgeon or lawyer.

People should follow their dreams and if their dream is to work online, then go for it. Competition can be stiff but there are so many ways to earn a living online that there is room for all.

3. angellove24 profile image57
    angellove24posted 7 years ago

Yeah I think that a lot of people can make money online and that time would be better spent learning how to make money online unless the person wants to go to school for a special technical field.

4. profile image61
    foreignpressposted 7 years ago

It depends on what you're going to college for. If it's for a general education, like a Bachelor's Degree, then it's practically worthless in today's specialized market. If you want something more specialized like law, business, or medicine then a college degree is mandatory. Crunch numbers on tuition costs, etc., and weigh that with job prospects for your field.
       A career online could be anything. Much depends on your personality. If you're a self-starter with lots of drive and ambition then you might make it. But that's what it takes. It's like home schooling except you are the student AND the teacher.
       If by "career online" you're referring to getting a degree via long-distance learning options you probably won't save any money. Regardless, find something you like, learn all you can about it, and -- most importantly -- stick with it. Giving up when the going gets tough is pointless.

5. iamnotfrancis profile image56
    iamnotfrancisposted 7 years ago

in my opinion, college is a good back up in case you don't make it on your own. at least you have credentials to be employed in a good company. but make sure you are learning something you are really like. Bottom line is you should be pursuing something that you love to do because in the end that will make you happy and fulfilled.

6. MicahI profile image83
    MicahIposted 7 years ago

Bachelor's degrees aren't completely worthless...in fact they are almost a necessity.  A degree is more than education, its a key into doors that a person without a degree could never open.  There are many jobs that hire totally unrelated degrees, such as finance jobs hiring music majors, so a simple bachelor's degree has many different uses.  Even if your passion is to make money online, I would recommend getting a degree to have a fall back plan.

7. szts77 profile image60
    szts77posted 6 years ago

I personally see so many opportunities for earning great money online, and I always ask myself the same question - why the hell do they not take that opportunity, if it's all laid out right in front of them? I write hubs about it myself - all the possible ways to earn income through the internet.

working