jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I would like to start investing a little in the stock market. Use say about 1k.

1. Persson profile image61
    Perssonposted 7 years ago

I would like to start investing a little in the stock market. Use say about 1k. Any starting ideas?

2. Alternative Prime profile image75
    Alternative Primeposted 7 years ago

It really depends on many factors, a good investment professional should gather enough information to determine suitable investment strategies.

Without knowing your individual financial situation and knowing the amount of discretionary investment dollars you've allocated, I would say a 10 month dollar cost program at say $100 per month into a Mid or Large Cap Stock Mutual Fund might be something to look at.

Just an idea but you really should talk to an advisor.

3. Daddy Paul profile image73
    Daddy Paulposted 7 years ago

Invest in the Royce Low Price Stock Fund symbol RYLPX. I have owned this fund for years and I am glad I did.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Invest-in-mutual-funds-simple

4. MicahI profile image83
    MicahIposted 6 years ago

If you are going to invest with a relatively small amount, it is best to not be diversified (aka invest in all one stock) so you can avoid losing your returns to trading fees.

Just a helpful tip smile

5. bmukherjii profile image59
    bmukherjiiposted 6 years ago

Before one starts to put his money in stock market he should find out whether he is looking for a steady income from the stock market or he needs capital to grow in multiples in the future. It is better to put small amount of money at the initial stage.

working