jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Targeting young adults: What do you know about Vector Marketing/Cutco?

1. A.R. Gonzales profile image57
    A.R. Gonzalesposted 7 years ago

Targeting young adults: What do you know about Vector Marketing/Cutco?

Is Vector Marketing a scam? Do you know from personal experience?
    Please share what you know!

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4265940_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    SnowRoseposted 7 years ago

My brother’s best friend was an employee of Cutco last summer. He came to our house, performed his ‘bit’ on how great the knives are, and it was excellent. He told us Cutco trained him on how to present the products and go about ‘selling’ them to potential customers in their homes. His pay was based on the number of homes he visited to sell the products: even if the customers bought nothing from him, he still got paid a based rate for the visit. If he did in fact sell something, then he received a percentage of what was sold (commission). At the end of every home meeting he asked the customers if they had any friends/neighbors/family members/etc. that would be interested in hearing about the products, and if so to provide him with their names, phone numbers, and addresses. He then would contact those people and attempt to set-up more home visits. Eventually, he ran out of potential customers because he ended up an in big circle; he was meeting people who only knew of and/or only suggested his previous customers.

3. JECofield profile image58
    JECofieldposted 7 years ago

I've been working with Vector for almost 10 years now, and Snow Rose explained the job really well. The atmosphere is really cool also, since most reps are between 18-23. The only thing that I would add is that our managers teach our reps how to get recommended to new people so that they don't get stuck in the same circle of friends. I was in that situation when I first started, but my manager was able to help me get out into new networks. Feel free to check us out at facebook.com/VectorWesternRegion. Good luck with everything!

4. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 7 years ago

Look, I lived in Olean, NY, pretty recently, where Cutco is located.  What do I think?  I think it's a scam because usually you have to fork out money for the 'kit' so I know how They make money, the real question is, how do You make any?  Why they target the younger ones is because lack of experience makes us all more trusting of people when young.  Poor college students always need money so they are an easy target.  I personally look at it as a scam, but one that has worked for Cutco for a long time apparently.   Personally I think you can only sell so many K-Bar knives in this world.

5. DeboHubpages profile image57
    DeboHubpagesposted 7 years ago

I never worked for Vector but I have been to one of their trainings.
    I say it's a scam because of that.

First of all It's bad business practices the way they have the training set up. They tell you all the goods and bad's but they wait until before the last day to tell you that you have to Pay for your sales kit.

Second Of all the People they want you to advertise to is your family and friends which would of course buy the product to support you.

Third Misconception! They tell you that they will provide you with more contacts after you make a certain sales quota, But after that quota they wont do that because that's there Clients.

You can make the money back for your sales kit but months and years down the line you might have to beg for more clients from the people you already sold too.

My opinion is the Vector / Cuto Company is nothing but a huge pyramid scam that has not caught any Federal Authority agency's Attention

working