jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Is targeting young people in the new texting and driving laws considered profili

1. IDONO profile image80
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

Is targeting young people in the new texting and driving laws considered profiling?

I'm not arguing the safety issue. But with all the complaining of profiling of middle easterners, people in hoodies , etc. this seems no different except this profile was made public not expecting anyone to notice.

2. Sullen91 profile image79
    Sullen91posted 5 years ago

Young people are the age group with the highest fatalities due to car accidents. Young people could be of any background, so it's not exactly as sinister as you might think. And ultimately, you have a much higher chance of dying early in a car accident than from any other form of premature death. So let's see -- there's scope, gravity, and the fact that this situation is not remotely comparable to singling out people by race and ethnicity, for putative events that are not definitively linked to them and that presumably have almost no chance of occurring.

3. profile image0
    screamingposted 5 years ago

I personally think ANYONE, regardless of age, should be watched for texting while driving. If the person doesn't have enough common sense not to text and drive, they should not only ticket them, but suspend their license to teach them a lesson!

4. Cobrafan profile image80
    Cobrafanposted 5 years ago

I think all young people should be profiled for texting while driving. Obviously younger people are going to be the most likely people doing it as almost every teenager has a cell phone and most don't understand the dangers of texting while driving. Before anyone jumps on me for what I just said, I'm 21 so I pretty much fall in the group that I believe should be profiled.

1. IDONO profile image80
      IDONOposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Profiling of any kind is so contraversial right now, I was curious if there would be a similar reaction as in hoodies, middle easterners, etc. I appreciate your honesty and open mindedness with the safety of others.

5. profile image0
    mjkearnposted 5 years ago

Phones should be taken from cars end of. You should be made to carry your phone in your boot so that you do not have access to it without stopping your vehicle. Driving is a privilege not a right. Learning to drive and driving tests should be seriously ramped up worldwide.

"I didn't know that" is no excuse. Obey the rules or WALK,

MJ.

working