So where do you go when you're at the end of your rope financially?

1. profile image49
    Yearsposted 7 years ago

So where do you go when you're at the end of your rope financially?

Have cut everywhere possible, work two jobs.  Where do you go from here with out spending more money?? Need more income!!

2. Beege215e profile image67
    Beege215eposted 7 years ago

Should I assume you have already contacted your local family services or social services office?  Have you applied for any social benefits like food stamps or Medicaid insurance?  There should be some food banks in your area to help with groceries.  Have you considered filing bankruptcy to get rid of your debt?  Do you live in an area where it might be possible to downsize your living quarters?  Have you called HUD for possible assistance in paying your rent or mortgage or help in downsizing? Have you tried selling the stuff in the attic to raise some cash?
    If you are already working two jobs and not making it, you may not be utilizing your skills to their fullest.  Have you thought of going back to school to put yourself higher up the employment ladder?  Sometimes you can not only go to school with grants and such, but (again dependent on your area) you may possibly be paid for going to school. You could even get into a school work program and get paid while not in classes.
    You have probably considered much of this already, and I hope I am not just spinning my wheels and wasting your time. The first thing I would do were I you, would be to look up local training programs and food assistance programs. The best of luck to you. Times are hard enough without the added stressors  you seem to be facing.

working