Is it possible that bisexual man become a straight guy in the end?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (28 posts)
  1. igotinked profile image61
    igotinkedposted 14 years ago

Is it possible that bisexual man become a straight guy in the end?

2. stricktlydating profile image84
    stricktlydatingposted 14 years ago

It's about as possible as a straight guy (or girl) turning bisexual in the end.  It depends on the persons ultimate preference.

3. stardiamond28 profile image60
    stardiamond28posted 14 years ago

not if he is with me honey.I doubt it if he was adventurous enough to be with a man that means the urge was already there and it doesnt go away.There is no such thing as gay away

igotinkedposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Perfect! You must be a good partner. ^^

4. dabeaner profile image60
    dabeanerposted 14 years ago

"A straight guy in the end"?  Do you realize what you wrote?  :>)

5. kerryg profile image85
    kerrygposted 14 years ago

No.

It is possible for a bisexual man to settle down happily and monogamously with a woman for the rest of his life and thus appear to be "a straight guy in the end" but it is not possible for him to stop being a bisexual.

Bisexuality means you're attracted to members of both sexes, and you can't turn off sexual attraction. It's wired in. You CAN, if you love your partner of whatever sex enough, choose not to act on sexual attraction to other people. People of all sexualities in marriages and other committed relationships have been doing it successfully for thousands of years.

wow, you have a point. This is actually apparent in our society. We just have to accept or go against it. Sad but true.

6. profile image49
    adragonposted 14 years ago

Do you really think there is a specific answer for a question like this. There are an unlimited amount of variables. Its anything but black and white and anything is possible...
    In the end of what?
    Realistically, if he identified as bisexual to being. Then chances are he always will have some inclination towards both sexes, although he may not act upon it. For all intent and purpose, he would probably always be bisexual.
    Then again, he can be what ever he chooses to be. Its his choice to identify however he feels. I guess we need to consider, what defines someone as "straight" or "bisexual". Considering they have identified as bisexual. How do you determine, they are now straight. Do you measure it by years without sexual contact of same sex. Do you measure it by the "act" or what is exchanged between two people. Emotional or sexual. Do you measure it by thoughts, actions or desires.
    Everybody has a different definition of what something means.
    Some are evolved, some not. Some are open, some are closed. These things may and can be influenced by upbringing, community, peers, parents, religion, experience and society.

I think the simplest way to look at this is bringing it down to the basics. "If no one ever said it was wrong or different or taboo"
    It would just be whatever it was. We are not born with the idea this is wrong. Society dictates that! Its taught and passed down.
    It may not be ones preference. However, not everyone is a vegetarian or likes pickles. They don't have a problem with it. It just is. Just for the sake of what is more likely. Most people, provided there is no external pressure or influence. Would probably try it, before deciding they did not like it. That would make them bisexual. This may be a general attraction to the sex over all or maybe only one person.
    There are very few definites with this topic. One thing you can always count on. Everyone is different. Even Siamese twins. So why do we always place our values on others? Considering this is always the case, 100%.
    This is just common sense. However, history and the animal kingdom support this from the Greeks to the insects and the Romans to penguins! All the way down to the tribes in New Guinea.

7. neoyyf profile image76
    neoyyfposted 14 years ago

Yes.  When it comes to sexuality, there are no laws.  You can be straight one minute, and gay the next.  It is confusing, but it happens as even if a person has had homosexual relationships but decide once and for all that they actually are attracted to the opposite sex, they are considered straight. Same for the opposite.

Well, mostly of the gays i know, remains gay up to now even though they have kids.

8. Gendentity profile image58
    Gendentityposted 14 years ago

The Kinsey scale developed from the Kinsey study on sexuality performed back in the sixties concluded that ALL human beings reside on a continuum from 100% heterosexual to 100% homosexual.  I personally feel everyone is bisexual having various levels of different types of attractions to different types of people. 

The question you're asking can be summed up simply by saying, will your man stay monogamous to you in your relationship.  That is the question for humanity and has nothing to do with sexuality.  Whether you are gay, straight or bisexual, there are always going to be temptations walking around your world.  Whether people choose to act on them has nothing to do with their sexual orientation, but everything to do with their personal view of your relationship, and monogamy.

9. profile image49
    markgem_2ne1posted 13 years ago

why not?
    i'ts not that possible..
    Let's just say even though he turned out a straight in the end,
    the fact will still remain that he has been a bisexual and will always be a bisexual

but...the thing is

who cares...
    it's upon a person who choose his own way..
    I believe that people can  change a lot with his power of will and determination in life and strive for his goal.
    And I do believe that there are still persons that will akcnowledge you and accept who you really are inspite of everything..

For all the people who criticize and has some bad feedback about the topic, think twice
    probably your just scared and don't have the guts to turn back to your old you and become a straight guy or what.
    so please do believe in yourself and everything will follow.

-markgem
    philippines

I've notice you're from the Philippines, considering how religious our country is, don't you think our society have adopted to this situation in this generation?

10. anandpokar profile image59
    anandpokarposted 13 years ago

It's absolutely possible that a bisexual man could become straight in the end.  In the past, it seemed more that if a straight man ever was curious, they should deny it and never identify as anything other than straight.  Now, it's less of a problem to explore and discover your sexuality.

However, sexual history doesn't define your sexual orientation, only who you like at the time does.  And it's not a one way street, just like someone could identify as straight, then years later bisexual, and gay later, people's sexuality can also shift in a heterosexual direction.

There's no evidence that people can do anything to change who they are attracted to, but we have seen time and time again that sexuality is not static and can morph.

11. thehands profile image95
    thehandsposted 13 years ago

Even if he picks a woman and stays with her monogamously for the rest of his life, that still doesn't really mean he's straight. There's no reason he shouldn't feel attraction towards other people, even if he doesn't act on it, and some of that attraction will be towards men, most likely, if he's bisexual.

So if by "straight" "in the end" you mean "married and faithful to a woman and/or married to a woman with other female concubines" or whatever, then, yes, he certainly can be. He might never have sex with another man for the rest of his life.

But if by "straight" you mean, magically not attracted to men at all anymore, then probably not.

Straightness, bi-ness, and gayness are generally understood to be states of mind, orientation, a general preference--not a reference directly to the *actions* of the person with the orientation. A guy can be gayer than gay and still have sex with a woman for whatever convoluted reason, and still be as gay as he was before.

Then again, there is the possibility that a bisexual man could be surrounded by men that are unattractive to him, thus creating the illusion of straightness. But I would still say a person is bisexual if they have the *potential* to be attracted to a person of either sex, even if none of the people specifically around them at the moment suit their fancy.

12. meantforsea profile image60
    meantforseaposted 13 years ago

I think it's just a label. You are what you are and you are what you've always been. If you want to label yourself every day, of course your label is going to change, but does that mean you will? Probably not. So no, it's not possible. Labels can change, but you are what you always were.

13. thoughtwoman profile image60
    thoughtwomanposted 12 years ago

ummmmm, no. I do not believe that anyone can change who they are sexually attracted to. Sexual attraction is not a choice. How society decides to enforce that attraction is another matter. Bisexuality is usually looked at suspiciously by gays and by straights. Bisexual individuals are usually considered wishy washy. I think straight individuals can be bi-curious, but I don't think they would ever consider entering a same-sex relationship if they were just curious. In my mind, bisexuality is just another indication of how fluid sexual attraction really is. Accept people for who they are and don't try to change them.

14. profile image49
    love18posted 11 years ago

yes... i have a good friend that was bisexual last year and this year he is as strait as a door...i personally find it offensive to say that can't happen

15. ratche24 profile image59
    ratche24posted 11 years ago

I would have to say no, and here is why.

I am a Bisexual male and I am married to the most beautiful and caring woman I have ever met, and love her more than anyone, but there is a downside to this. I for a long time didn't want anything to do with "that side" of me that was attracted to men...it just didn't feel right, though that was mainly because of my background. One thing that my wife has pointed out, and one thing that I do realize is that while I am married to her and love her, I am not always happy. I have tried to suppress that side of me, but in the end, it just causes problems for the both of us.

One day she told me, "Be yourself. You can't change it, you can't suppress it, and I don't want you to. I want you to be you". And that is probably the best thing I have ever heard. While yea, it's hard, because at times she thinks that I married her as the "exception" to me liking girls, and I see where she is coming from. It hurts, yes, because I truly want to be with her, but we both know that I also can't deny that side of me.

While we will never divorce, she has convince me to at least find a boyfriend for a while, explore that side of me, find out exactly who I am. Is it weird? Hell yea it is. But the point here is this. While yes, you can find that special person like I did that you will marry...you can never be "straight". I just don't believe in it. I find it wrong to deny a part of you just because the world says it's "wrong". You do that, and it just causes problems in the end.

Be honest, be yourself, and don't change for anyone. That is the best piece of advice for a Bisexual male that I can offer. And if you do find that person like I did, fantastic! But remember, it's not wrong, who you are.

Wow, coming from you perfectly answered this question. I wonder how difficult it is for your wife and for you as well. But im proud of your wife, because of love, she lets you find yourself. Since you can't avoid it, then acceptance is the key.

16. carlajbehr profile image86
    carlajbehrposted 10 years ago

I knew someone once who was a bi-sexual woman friend and she ended up straight as an arrow and happily married to a man in the end.  She may have been experimenting with women, but she did call herself 'bi' - so I would think it is possible - I've seen it with my own eyes.

17. Christopher Bruce profile image57
    Christopher Bruceposted 9 years ago

The answer to this is as plain as a nose on the face.  If you're a straight man, and you, even one time, purposely sleep with a guy, you are automatically and instantly a bi-sexual, even if it was experimental.  You thought about, then acted on having sex with your own gender.  You did not stick to one sex in your existence, you tried another.  One plus straight equals BI.  It'd be like telling people you're straight, then crossing over the line to your sex, then going back to what you used to be, and telling people you're straight.  I hate to say it, but if you strayed once, you can no longer be straight.  You can be straight, detoured, then straight, straight-bi-straight, or just bi...but you cannnot claim 100 percent straightness any longer, not without embellishment.  Even if you never do it again, you still voluntarily did it once.  That's a kink in your straight line.

Should be particularly easy, by default, then, to say "is that forked road now a  single lane road in the end?" because it went down to one lane eventually.  It would be impossible to say that, unless you tear up the forked part and replace it with a continuation of the straight portion to cover up any evidence that it was ever forked.  That, of course, couldn't possibly apply in this case, so the answer would be NO.  Imagine the road again.  Say ripping it up and replacing it isn't an option anymore.  Just because it's straight at mile marker 2 doesn't mean it never was a 2 lane road, it simply means that it's now straight, and it was forked before.

You can start out bisexual, then give up your own sex, and only go with the other exlusively, of course.  I don't know if there's a term for that or not, you'd have to ask someone in the gay community.  But I guaranteee, almost absolutely, that the term won't be 'STRAIGHT'.  But you can never "become" straight again.  You are, no question, now a bi-sexual til the day you die.

18. tamarawilhite profile image87
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

Yes, by choosing to limit his sexual activity to only his wife and/or partner.

19. profile image49
    Tierra Manleyposted 7 years ago

In all honesty i believe that is impossible. Your sexuality is you it dosent change over night from a guy like both females and males to just females. In a situation like this its more like the guy was confused or perhaps he realizes his main attraction is to females. If he believes he is now straight but he was attracted to guys its more like he was bi curious and once he experienced that experience he believed he was straight.

20. fogut profile image59
    fogutposted 7 years ago

I think its not possible. Bisexual means you are attracted to both sex so a bisexual guys can act like straight but can't be straight in the end i think.

21. Gumamella yab profile image60
    Gumamella yabposted 7 years ago

Yes, i think the environment do something for this. If he will be exposed on that kind of setting where he can meet and greet girls be able to adapt quickly i can see a great potential for a change. smile

22. profile image0
    lindaspeaksposted 6 years ago

Yes, He can if he gives his life totally to  the Lord, and ask Him to forgive him for all his sins. Then become a born again Christian. In order for him to become a born again he will have to be born by the water and the Holy Spirit to help guide him everyday and protect you from the enemy. He should also stay prayerful by reading the Word of God and applying it to his life daily. And if he starts filling weak he should pray and ask the Lord to help him stay strong so he will be able to fight the enemy. And whenever the enemy tries to attack him, he should always remember that he is never alone because the Lord is always there to help him fight his battles.

1. tracy00 profile image55
      tracy00posted 6 years agoin reply to this

This is my testimony about the good work of a man who helped me..My name is Tracy Adams, and I base in Canada. My life is back! After 2 years of marriage, my husband left me with our three kids. I felt like my life was about to end, and was falling a

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)