How do you file your taxes?

1. yenajeon profile image81
    yenajeonposted 7 years ago

How do you file your taxes?

Do you do them yourself? Use a software like Turbo Tax? Or do you take them to a professional? I heard that a professional can help you maximize your return. What are your experiences?

2. profile image47
    RadarHubposted 7 years ago

I use TaxAct and have not had any problems.  As long as you answer all the questions you'll get an accurate return.  It is a pretty comprehensive program.  The beauty of applications like TaxAct is that the more complicated the return, the more work it saves you.  All forms, such as Schedule C and Self Employment Tax form, are automatically generated.  There's no forgetting....based on your answers to the program's questions the proper paperwork is produced.

3. cmahan profile image82
    cmahanposted 7 years ago

I use TaxSlayer now. In the past I have used H&R Blocks Tax Cut program. I used to work for a CPA firm as well as H&R Block. There are things a paid tax preparer knows to ask for that a tax program might be missing. If you have a basic W-2 and maybe some bank interest, then a software program will suit you fine. Just answer the questions correctly and you have nothing to worry about. It you have retirement, stocks, bonds, education, child care, charity, medical, as well as other deductions or perhaps a 1099 MISC that requires a Schedule C, I always recommend that someone see a professional, at least for their first time. The professional will evaluate your situation, and ask you the right questions for you. This will maximize your return.

working